4g backup and USB 3.0 share

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 20:26:26
Model: Deco X50-4G   Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good evening, 

I have a deco x50-4g that is connected to the ISP router in bridge. 

This way the x50-4g is working in router mode and I can use the 4g backup. So far so good.

Today I bought a deco x73-dsl and I want to use it to share a USB hard drive across my windows computers. 

The question is, which Deco should be the main and can I have 4g backup and hard drive sharing in my network?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:4g backup and USB 3.0 share
2023-01-06 11:39:14

@RicardoFrancisc 

Hi, I am afraid that either Deco X50-4G or Deco X73-DSL working as the main Deco could make the network support both 4G backup and USB sharing at the same time.

But there is a workaround for your reference:

with the following network layout:

ISP bridge modem---<cable>---Deco X50-4G(wireless router mode with 4G backup)----<cable>Deco X73-DSL with USB drive(also in router mode but on a separate Mesh network)

Then take Deco X73-DSL with a USB drive as a USB server in the LAN network and set up port forwarding on Deco X50 for X73 so that you are able to access the USB server on both networks of Deco X50 and X73.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:4g backup and USB 3.0 share
2023-01-14 00:54:54

@David-TP 

Many thanks David! 

I didn't fully understood. But if I make two separate networks will it still be a single mesh? I don't want to have two WiFi networks on my mobile and having to choose between one or the other.

Furthermore can you explain me how do I make the deco x50-4g forward to the x73 USB?

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 2

Related Articles