Adult content filtering not working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-06 10:47:10
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 build 20211101 Rel 75384

The adult content filtering appears to be completely useless in blocking the majority of obviously adult sites for my kids' devices.

I have tested the settings with a number of well known adult websites and I can still access these sites even though the devices have been set to filter 18+ content through the Deco. This is one of the reasons why I bought this system. I can see many other people complaining of the same thing. I am not going to sit here and add every possible site to the list manually.

Looking at the suggested https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php, the sites I am expecting to be blocked are categorised correctly.

Please can support advise and/or resolve this?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adult content filtering not working correctly
2023-01-11 10:55:20

@PilchardBreath 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco E4 did not use HomeCare security system, and its parental control is based on TP-Link self-developed database.

I think some websites haven't been added to the parental control content categories yet. If possible, it is suggested to manually add these websites firsts, then please submit APP feedback with the websites you have added to us so that the database could be updated later.

How to submit Deco APP Feedback

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Adult content filtering not working correctly
2023-03-14 02:55:13

@PilchardBreath 

The content filtering on these Decos doesn't work

I recommend using OpenDNS instead

Setup a free OpenDNS Home account (google it as I cannot put the link into this)
Setup your network (this should autofill) select dynamic (assuming you dont have a static IP)
define the level of filtering you want from the OpenDNS dashboard

Point your Deco to the OpenDNS servers (to do the content filtering)

opening the deco app on your phone
go to "More" (at the bottom of the app)
select "Advanced"
select "DHCP Server"
enter the OpenDNS Primary and Secondary DNS server (they provide these on your OpenDNS dashboard)
save

then try accessing adult websites from a browser on a device connected to your deco. It should block the adult website

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 2

Related Articles