deco x50 satellite only use 2.4 ghz signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-11 16:13:06 - last edited 2023-01-13 20:28:44
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 build 20221122 rel. 46653

initially I apologize for my bad english.

I have a Deco x50 system with two Deco's.

The main deco is wired to the modem. The satellite is connected wirelles.

Initial setup was done easily. Everything working properly. The two decos communicate by the 2.4/5 ghz signal source.

The problem is: every time I restart deco, the satellite only connects with the main one on the 2.4 ghz signal source. 

On the satellite Deco, the Source Signal will only show "2.4GHz" and it will never show "5GHz" or "2.4GHz/5Ghz." It will only show 2.4GHz regardless of its distance from the main Deco. I have tested this by placing the two Deco's next to each other.

The only way I can make the satellite connect at 5 ghz is by resetting the devices and creating a new network.

I already changed the main deco for the satellite and when I restart the problem persists. 

Has anyone had the same problem?
How can I solve this problem?

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:deco x50 satellite only use 2.4 ghz signal-Solution
2023-01-12 02:06:27 - last edited 2023-01-13 20:28:44

@Turcao Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could get an email from us later.

At the same time, could you please try to turn off 160mhz under 5ghz to see whether it helped improve the current issue?

Would there be a 5GHz smart home device around, such as a 5ghz wireless speaker, like a JBL soundbar?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/500016

And would it be possible to check the current wireless spectrum of 5ghz via Wi-Fi Analyzer APP, to see whether there would be quite a lot of interference on the 5ghz?

By the way, How about the 5Ghz wireless radio of Deco? Do you still have devices connected to the 5Ghz of Deco X50?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:deco x50 satellite only use 2.4 ghz signal-Solution
2023-01-12 02:06:27 - last edited 2023-01-13 20:28:44

@Turcao Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could get an email from us later.

At the same time, could you please try to turn off 160mhz under 5ghz to see whether it helped improve the current issue?

Would there be a 5GHz smart home device around, such as a 5ghz wireless speaker, like a JBL soundbar?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/500016

And would it be possible to check the current wireless spectrum of 5ghz via Wi-Fi Analyzer APP, to see whether there would be quite a lot of interference on the 5ghz?

By the way, How about the 5Ghz wireless radio of Deco? Do you still have devices connected to the 5Ghz of Deco X50?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:deco x50 satellite only use 2.4 ghz signal
2023-01-13 20:27:20

@David-TP , thanks for your help.
I restarted the deco's with the 160 mhz channel.
The connection between the decos was reestablished only at the 2.4 ghz frequency.
I changed it to 80 mhz and restarted both decos again.
This time the connection between them was reestablished at 5 ghz.
I am very pleased with the performance of the deco x50 mesh network.
Thank you for helping me to solve the problem.

Best regards.

Options
Re:deco x50 satellite only use 2.4 ghz signal
2023-07-02 20:01:46

@David-TP hi David, i have seen the same issue with x20, how can I turn off the 160 mhz?? I was looking around the deco app but didn't find it! Can you please help

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1058

Replies: 3

Related Articles