DNS leaking via VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DNS leaking via VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DNS leaking via VPN
DNS leaking via VPN
2023-01-12 08:59:06
Tags: #VPN #DNS
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello 
I have some problem with dns leaking. I am using my ArcherAX3000router only for a VPN server, via OpenVPN in particular. Everything works just fine, but when I do run some leak test on the various sites, there seems to be a problem with Google's DNS address. They always leak, and it seems that they are the default (8.8.8.8) DNS for the OpenVPn server on the router.

I don't have this problem when I run the test outside the VPN (local ISP, and local LAN), I am using public Cloudfare DNS -1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. I have tried different ISP, put the router at friend of mine - still the same. No leakage of the ISP DNS servers, just google's and again - only when using the OpenVPN server. 

How can I change the DNS server for the VPN server (OpenVPN server at Archer)? You can see in the screenshots, that when setting the router, I am using 1.1.1.1 at all places. It does not seems to work when changing DNS setting on the TAP9-Adapter. Also I use these DNS at my LAN adapter as well. One more questions: Is it possible to have access and editing the config.file of the Openvpn server itself?  I am using the setup with OpenVPN client Connect where I can edit only the config.file of the client. Please check the screenshots

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 0

Tags

VPN
DNS
Related Articles