TC70 not pairing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TC70 not pairing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TC70 not pairing
TC70 not pairing
2023-01-13 03:00:04
Tags: #Connection issues
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Can’t see as i can’t connect yet

Hi, i just bought a new TC70 and initially it paired with my iPhone and i can view the camera. But after a few minutes when i check the app, the camera i paired wasn't there anymore and i tried reconnecting but to no joy. I've done troubleshooting like reset the camera, turned off QoS and firewall of my router but still the camera is on solid amber light. I just got it today and now its not working, so far a very unhappy first customer.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TC70 not pairing
2023-01-13 09:06:00

Hi  @EthanCameraFan 

Thank you for posting. Do you mean this camera cannot be found in the APP, or it shows offline? If it shows offline, you can still watch the camera locally (connect the phone to the same network as the camera) even it is on solid amber light.

You can try to configure the camera to the guest network, or create a hotspot network with another phone then connect the camera for comparison. 

If the camera stays online (green light) on other networks, this indicates that there are some settings on the router that has blocked the internet connection of the camera. Have you checked the parental control and access control (blacklist/whitelist)?

Can you share the model of your router?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:TC70 not pairing
2023-01-13 17:59:04

Hi  @Wayne-TP,

thank you for replying

my router's a D-link DIR-853/ET. Parental control was never ON, Firewall was OFF and i don't have an ongoing access control rule.

Initially, i was able to pair with it and even played with the controls so i can familiarize myself. Then I tried to exit the app and connect my phone on 5g network thinking to test if i can still connect with the camera. But when i ran the app, the device/camera wasn't even there anymore, so again I exited the app, connected on the same network as with the TC70 but still can't see it.

I decided to reset the TC70 to retry the connection/pairing procedure but then I just cannot get past pairing with the device as it always fails.

i reset > red/green blinking light

connect to network > solid amber light

Pairing to device > fail

i tried looking for solutions here and online, i found the same troubleshooting steps but it still not working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 2

Tags

Connection issues
Related Articles