Deco P9 Mesh network instability after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 12:16:21
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 rel. 35920

Hi and Help!

My Deco 9 mesh network was set up three month's ago and consists of a main Deco P9 (Living Room) operating as an AP and connected to Starlink. The main Deco P9 is connected to a connected to TP-Link powerline (non-wifi). There are 5 other P9 Deco's one (Hallway) is connected to another TP-Link powerline adapter (again, non Wifi).

Three of the Deco P's are in our annex which is on a separate mains power circuit so these do not always cause a problem.

The issue is that when we get a power outage, one or more of the Deco P9s becomes "unstable". Any client moving into that P9's area will disconnect, when trying to reconnect will show the SSD but will then say the password is incorrect.

So far the only way I have found to resolve this is to delete the network, unplug all the P9s, turn off Starlink, then reconnect the main Deco P9, start Starlink and the main P9, restart the App and rebuild the network from scratch. I normally bring all the P9s close to the main one and reset each one (1 second reset, I beleive there is a 10 second reset - should I use this?) then unplug and take it back to its original position, reconnecting to Powerlines as I go. This is not a good advert for TP-Link as the annex we also have guests vising and I have to go in and retrieve the P9s to reset them!

This is not tenable and an incredibly tedious process. What am I doing wrong?

As an aside, I was recommended the P9s as being very reliable, so far this is not the case and is far inferior to the Fritz!box mesh network I used to have.

Can any one advise and give step-by-step guidance on how to resolve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Mesh network instability after power outage
2023-01-18 08:43:49

@DevonBob 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have some pictures of the network map on the Deco APP, such as:

Would any satellite P9 turn red during the disconnection?

Please also check whether there be any high-power home appliances nearby. If yes, try to move it away from the satellite Deco units.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco P9 Mesh network instability after power outage
2023-01-18 09:46:43

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Thank you for coming back to me. The topography is shown below:

One other think I have noticed is that my iPad (and 0nly my iPad) says it is connecting to the SSD name but says it is a hidden network. The setting in the Deo App are not set to hidden which is strange. I have to forget then reconnect to stop this.

The P9s can go red when we get a power outage, but then go back to blue but can then cause a problem. With the Kitchen one (no major appliances near it) that was causing client drop outs, not recognising the WiFi password, I did remove it on the app, did a 10 second reset and then re-added it. So far it seems to be OK. The only P9 that has any applinces near it is the main one that is near the TV and Starlink router. Difficult to move this due to house layout but can try.

Many regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles