[SURVEY CLOSED] Questionnaire survey about VPN functions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 01:44:45 - last edited 2023-03-02 03:55:53
Tags: #VPN #Survey

Updated on 2/3/2023:

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your time in completing our VPN survey. Your opinions and suggestions matter to us a lot and will help us develop the VPN functions to meet your needs as much as possible.

Let's wait and keep an eye on the VPN functions we will develop on the Deco and Wi-Fi routers in the near future.

Once again, we are extremely grateful for your contributing your valuable time, your honest information, and your thoughtful suggestions.

If you're interested in the VPN Client features on the Wi-Fi routers, please visit

How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)

Wi-Fi Routers that are Planned to support WireGuard VPN

Options
7 Reply
Re:Questionnaire survey about VPN functions
2023-02-06 10:04:21

Take a few minutes to answer this survey and help us understand your preferences, needs, and expectations regarding  functions. We'll use the results to guide our future product decisions and make sure we're delivering the best experience possible. Thank you for your input

Options
2023-02-06 14:15:58

@taylorsteven 

Hello,

I filled out the survey but I would like to add one important comment that many buyers of your product agree on:

There are many different options for VPN in the market today that are very well established and trusted already. TP-Link should focus on providing the user the ability to use such established services on their routers/firmware and not on providing subscription VPN services.

I can say with full confidence that the recent firmware updates TP-Link has made to allow Wireguard/VPN support on their routers has made all of your customers happy and brought many new ones as well.

Please, focus on improving the features of your routers and firmware. We do not need another paid VPN service more than we do the ability to use what is already there!

Thank you

Options
2023-02-08 10:45:35

@cat5 

Thank you very much for your input, and we appreciate it.

When working as a VPN Client, TP-Link routers can work with lots of third-party VPN Servers in the market, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPNSurfsharkMullvadProton VPNPrivate TunnelPIA, etc. Some of them may need a subscription, but I believe you could choose one among those without.

I'm happy to know you are satisfied with the WireGuard VPN on the AX55.wink

Options
2023-02-08 11:46:22

@taylorsteven 

I bought an AX50 just yesterday and am disappointed to know that NordVPN cannot be configured on it. I hope we get a firmware upgrade that allows me to do this.

Options
2023-02-15 05:33:22

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2023-02-28 06:34:25 - last edited 2023-02-28 06:35:56
  @Kevin_Z I filled out the survey yes

Options
2023-02-28 15:26:56
Filled the survery cant wait for VPN client on AX-53 or switch to Ubiquity