Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

2023-01-10 11:43:14 - last edited Yesterday

VPNs have grown a great deal over the past few years, and as a result, we have seen an increase in demand for alternative VPN options on TP-Link routers. WireGuard VPN could be one of the most popular VPNs that we are seeing in the public community and forums. We are excited to announce here that we do have some router models that support or plan to support WireGuard VPN feature, and there will be more in the near future.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kind Note:

This post will be actively updated to notify the new models that add the support for WireGuard VPN feature, welcome to subscribe!

Models that have already officially supported WireGuard VPN:

Router Model WireGuard VPN Server WireGuard VPN Client
Archer GE800
Archer BE900 (coming soon)
Archer BE800_V1
Archer BE805_V1
Archer BE550_V1
Archer BE9300_V1
Archer AX58_V2
Archer AX53_V2
Archer AX72_V1_Official Firmware
Archer AX72 Pro_V1_Official Firmware
Archer AX5400 Pro_V1_Official Firmware
Archer AX55 Pro_V1_Official Firmware
Archer AX55_V1_Official Firmware
Archer AX80_V1_Official Firmware

Models that will support WireGuard VPN via firmware update (Planned/Beta firmware):

Router Model WireGuard VPN Server WireGuard VPN Client
Archer AX73 (Planned***) (Planned***)
Archer AX90 (Planned***) (Planned***)
Archer AX11000 (Planned***) (Planned***)
Archer AX6000 (Planned***) (Planned***)
Archer AX20 (Planned***) (Planned***)
Archer AXE75 (Planned***) (Planned***)

Note :
1. You will need to perform a firmware upgrade on your router later when the official firmware is released.
2. Be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
3. Planned***: Kindly note that Planned is NOT a guarantee, as the plan can be adjusted or changed. Planned is also not recommended for your purchase reference if the requested feature is the main consideration. It's suggested to choose one that already supports the features you require when purchasing. The list above is subject to change and might not include all models and hardware versions. We will update it once there are new models or hardware available.

For other models that are not listed above, there is currently no definitive information if WireGuard VPN would be possible or be available in the future, and we don't have any specific details that I can share around. It's suggested to keep an eye on the official website or on the router web GUI/Tether app for any new updates.

Welcome to leave your comment below if you want to see your router to be added to the supported list. Be sure to include the specific model number and hardware version when requesting. Thank you very much.

Related Articles:

WireGuard VPN Firmware for Archer AX55

How to set up WireGuard VPN on TP-Link wireless router

How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)

Options
145 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers that are Planned to support WireGuard VPN
2023-01-18 16:58:59
What about Archer AX55 V2.0 ? Hardware Version: Archer AX55 v2.0 Firmware Version:1.0.2 Build 20220420 rel.47187(4555)
Options
2023-01-25 20:01:15
Looking forward to having Archer AXE75 added to the list.
Options
2023-01-28 12:02:11

@Decapoda  @Lilouz Thank you both for showing interest on WireGuard VPN feature on the Wi-Fi routers.

Once confirmed with the development team, I would update the list in my original post, it's suggested to subscribe.wink

Options
2023-02-01 07:32:18

@Kevin_Z 

What about the new

TP-Link AX55 Pro and TP-LINK AX72 Pro

will these new router going to support wireguard server and clients?

Please confirm as soon as possible because this effect my decision to buy an Tp-link router.

Thanks 

Options
2023-02-01 07:34:50

@Kevin_Z 

What about the new

TP-Link AX55 Pro and TP-LINK AX72 Pro

will these new router going to support wireguard server and clients soon?

Please confirm as soon as possible

because this effect my decision to buy an Tp-link router.

Thanks 

Options
2023-02-01 08:06:28

@COCOTHAILAND 

Thank you for asking.

As stated in my above post, please don't take this Planned as a guarantee, as the plan can be adjusted or changed. Planned is also not recommended for your purchase reference if the requested feature is the main consideration. It's suggested to choose one that already supports the features you require when purchasing. The list above is subject to change and might not include all models and hardware versions. We will update it once there are new models or hardware available.

Options
2023-02-04 03:44:54

@Kevin_Z 

Dumb but quick question. The AX73(AX5400) mentioned above, does that mean all AX73 versions regardless of which region it was bought? Say EU or HK versions? 

Options
2023-02-06 09:35:51

HAYWIRE wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Dumb but quick question. The AX73(AX5400) mentioned above, does that mean all AX73 versions regardless of which region it was bought? Say EU or HK versions? 

@HAYWIRE Sorry, this hasn't been confirmed yet. Do you have an HK version? It seems I cannot find this version. Basically, the US and EU versions are planned to support WireGuard VPN.

But again, this is not a guarantee, and it's not suggested to purchase one when it's not implemented the feature you required. It's suggested to buy one that already has.

Options
2023-02-06 14:08:03

@Kevin_Z 

I like many others hope to see Wireguard VPN support for Archer AX73 ! Thank you

Options
2023-02-07 06:07:17

Kevin_Z wrote

HAYWIRE wrote

@Kevin_Z 

@HAYWIRE Sorry, this hasn't been confirmed yet. Do you have an HK version? It seems I cannot find this version. Basically, the US and EU versions are planned to support WireGuard VPN.

But again, this is not a guarantee, and it's not suggested to purchase one when it's not implemented the feature you required. It's suggested to buy one that already has.

@Kevin_Z. No worries. My box says EU v2.0, but I believe this came from HK when I purchased it. Nevertheless, I do not use the VPN client now due to the router's performance limitations with the OpenVPN protocol. I sure hope WireGuard drops on the AX73 that I have.

Options

Information

Helpful: 16

Views: 49414

Replies: 150

Related Articles