My Deco Satellite E4 don't have the wifi icon and does not have a signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 13:02:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Would like to ask some help setting up a deco product. I initially purchased 3 pieces or deco E4, and found out that It only provides 100mbps. What I did is purchased (1) unit of  M4 and set it up as the Main. I was able to connect one of the E4 but the 2nd E4 didn't have the wifi Icon and it connects directly on the M4 (main)  (will provide screenshots)

Thanks in advance.

Options
8 Reply
Re:My Deco Satellite E4 don't have the wifi icon and does not have a signal source
2023-01-26 15:37:05 - last edited 2023-01-26 15:37:49

@Heymarcoh 

From the screenshot you provided it appears your Office Deco is connected by Ethernet cable. Is it not so?

When Satellite Deco connected by Ethernet cable, it won't report signal source and it'll usually report as connected to Main Deco. Which is fine, as long as it is indeed Ethernet connection.

Options
Re:My Deco Satellite E4 don't have the wifi icon and does not have a signal source
2023-01-26 16:31:41

@Heymarcoh Deco E4 provides 100 Mbps only on Ethernet, not on Wi-Fi.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-01-26 16:42:42

@Alexandre. Thanks for taking a look on the issue. Sorry forgot to mention, no they are not connected via Ethernet Cable, I connected them wirelessly same process like what I did on the first E4 (hallway) which has the wifi icon. 

Options
2023-01-26 16:44:30
Hello, thanks. Yes I’m aware, they are not connected via Ethernet, that’s why I’m confused why it has the Ethernet icon on it.
Options
2023-01-26 20:41:04

@Heymarcoh 

This is unusual case, what I can suggest is basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Do you have anything connected by Ethernet to that E4, such as PC, Smart TV, etc.? If yes, disconnect them and see if it makes the difference.

2. Power off that E4, wait till it shows as offline in Deco app, then power it on. That might change its connection status in Deco app.

3. Remove that Satellite E4 from Deco app, which will also factory reset this unit: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/330

After that, add it back again. That may fix the issue.

Options
2023-01-26 20:50:37

@Alexandre. Thank you. Yes already done those troubleshooting. And No, there are no connected devices via Ethernet. 

Options
2023-01-26 20:53:35

@Heymarcoh 

Well, then what's left is crazy creative stuff. Promote that strange Satellite Deco to Main Deco and see what happens: Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Options
2023-01-28 06:03:30 - last edited 2023-01-28 06:06:42

@Heymarcoh 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Were you still having this issue on the 2nd E4?

Would power-cycling the 2nd Deco E4 make any difference?

The latest Deco APP is 3.2.10 for IOS, and 3.2.14 for Android. Please also make sure the Deco APP is up to date.

If the issue still existed, could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 8

Related Articles