Deco M4 keep dropping out internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-30 14:52:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, 

After following a tip from another forum member and from TP Link support, I thought my problems would be solved but guess what, they are not!

So I keep getting my 3 Decos M4 dropping out the internet connection mostly in the night once every 4-5 days.

Setup is as follow:

VOO Belgium ISP Modem -- Cable to DECO 1 -- Cable from DECO 1 to SWITCH -- Cables from SWITCH to DECO 2 & DECO 3 + 2x PCs (4 Ethernet outputs in total out of the SWITCH).

This is a so called Star Network from what I have been told to do. My network is in Router Mode. DECOS are in Ethernet backhaul.

I phoned TP Link in the Netherlands, they were very rude, a guy with a really strong Deutch accent put the blame on my ISP (VOO Belgium) which is not the case as everything works on that side (I tried with a cable to check connection while Deco went off). He then started to yell at me. I think @tplink has to remember that we are the customers here. 

So anyone has an idea on how to fix this unstability? 

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 keep dropping out internet
2023-01-31 06:16:20

@LucasCrlt Hi, welcome to the community.

I feel sorry for what you have encountered with the local support team.

Have you noticed any Deco turn red during the disconnection?

And it is also suggested to refer to the suggestions on this link:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-31 10:26:45 - last edited 2023-01-31 10:28:08

@David-TP 

Hi David, 

Thanks for your answer. 

Indeed, at the time of the disconnection, all Decos turn into a red steady light. The only way to solve the problem is to power reset the main deco and the ISP router (restart through the app is unsuccessful). 

The link you've sent me is not useful unfortunately, as it does not provide me with a solution - I confirm that all cables are well plugged. And I tried to plug in an Ethernet cable into my ISP router during the Decos disconnection - and I still had an Internet access this way. So the problem really comes from TP Link.

Is there a software update/fix to solve this problem - or is anyone working on it? Because it seems that I am not the only customer affected by this drops out. 

Thank you.

Lucas.

Options
2023-02-01 01:51:06

@LucasCrlt 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

May I know how long have you had the Deco M4?

Have you tried to switch to a different satellite M4 as the main unit in case the current one is broken?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2400/

There will always be new firmware released to optimize network stability and add new features. So far, the final cause has not been located yet so it is hard to say the new firmware will be able to fix your current problem.

And here is a debug firmware for Deco M4 v2, please refer to the private message to install the debug firmware to see whether it helped.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 3

Related Articles