Random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Random disconnects
Random disconnects
2023-02-03 15:06:47
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a TL-WPA2220KIT, with the TL-PA2010 plugged directly into a socket in the living room, and connected by Ethernet cable to the router, and the TL-WPA2220 plugged in the upper floor, also directly to a socket, providing WiFi to all the bedrooms. 

I also have a TL-PA2010P plugged into a socket in the office, in the basement, connecting my PC.

This setup usually works well, but, from time to time I get some disconnects. When in the bedroom, I'll some times get a message that the network is not connected to the internet. Unplugging and repluging the TL-WPA2220 solves the issue, though this happens frequently.

Less frequently, I'll loose internet in the office. The middle light (Powerline) is off and the only way of recovering is unplugging and replugging the TL-PA2010 up on the living room (not the one on the office). This last one will also have the middle indicator off.

Like I said all adapters are directly connected to a socket. The PA2010P in the office, being a pass throw, has a printer connected to it. In the living room, there's a bunch of other devices connected to the socket next to the one being used by the TL-PA2010 (TV, Cable-box, android box , consoles, usb chargers, router).

Is there any advice to get the connection more stable? When  it works I'm quite happy with it, but the Office PC loosing connection is a major problem, as I need him online for remote access. The WiFi in the bedrooms is less problematic, but still I wish it would be more stable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Random disconnects
2023-02-10 02:40:31

@NunoV 

Hi, May I know how long have you had the adapters?

I think the disconnection is caused by the powerline interference. Would it be possible to plug the living room TL-PA2010 far away from other devices with a much longer cable from the main router?

If the adapter has been used for many years, its hardware might also age over time.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 1

Related Articles