Deco-mesh set to use only 2.4Ghz but new connection still at 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 21:13:14 - last edited 2023-02-06 21:18:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1.2021something (latest)

I have to add a Tuya-lightbulb and that can only be done when my phone is connected at the 2.4Ghz-Wifi. To do that I always disable 5 in the Deco-app and then my phone reconnects at 2.4. Did this now, by using only 2.4, but phone still keeps reconnecting at 5 whereas I have it disabled. I also tried using only 5G, as there might be a translation-issue (I use the Dutch version of the app), but then it also connected at 5.

Even a complete restart to do an upgrade of the M5-thingies didn't work.

How can I solve it? Or is this a bug?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco-mesh set to use only 2.4Ghz but new connection still at 5
2023-02-07 06:04:26

@DikkieDick 

Hi, when you turned off the 5Ghz on the Deco APP, how did you find out the smartphone is still on the 5ghz of Deco?

Could you please send some screenshots here?

Have you checked on other mobile devices as well whether they are connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco-mesh set to use only 2.4Ghz but new connection still at 5
2023-02-07 14:19:00 - last edited 2023-02-07 15:06:38

Well, I checked within the app to check the active connections and found out that my mobile was connected through 5Ghz. Unfortunately I can't make screenshots now as our main internet has fallen out and the Deco's should work normally with our internal network but they also have given up due to this I guess, and except for the main they are all blinking blue now, as they want to be set up. Which I can't at the moment. Or I should plug in a lan cable in the main Deco? Tried that but didn't work. And the named wifi on the deco can't also be found anymore. It pops up now with Deco for which I don't have a password, as when I enter the password for my regular wifi-network that one doesn't get accepted. Hopefully when tomorrow-evening the engineer has fixed the problem with the fibre everything comes back up to normal, but I keep my fingers crossed.

Currently almost all my Deco's show up when trying to connect to Wifi as Deco and Deco_something.

During the day until the power got off of the main deco, my regular ssid was shown and I could still connect, but I read in a post from you of 2020 that the deco's need to be connected to the internet to configure. So I guess that during the powercycle of the main Deco finally everything got 'lost'. Then I hope it will come back on nicely. As all my home-automation devices depend on the Deco-network.

Options