Where to purchase addition TL-WPA8631P node in NZ

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 04:34:38
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a TL-WPA8630P KIT (one 'master' and one 'node') which is working OK but there are areas of my home that are still not covered by the WiFi (which seems to have quite a weak range on the Node unit) so I would like to add one or more nodes (such as TL-WPA8631P).

I am in NZ and I cannot see anywhere that I can purchase additional nodes (only KITs) either in physical stores or online (in NZ or AU - I've tried PB Tech, J Car, Amazon AU, etc.). I can see that I can purchase from overseas (e.g. UK) but these will then have the wrong plug.

Please advise where I can purchase additional nodes with the correct plugs for NZ/AUS. Given that the 'master' unit should support up to 24 nodes it seems crazy that I cannot find individual nodes available for purchase.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Where to purchase addition TL-WPA8631P node in NZ
2023-02-15 01:27:23

@PDO 

Welcome to the community.

I checked on the local official websites and there is no single unit listed. So I think the powerline adapters in AU/NZ might only be sold in a kit.

The price difference between the TL-WPA8631P kit and TL-WPA8631P is not much.(£86.99 /£81.84 on Amazon.UK), and you could also consider a whole kit with a spare TL-PA8010P.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Where to purchase addition TL-WPA8631P node in NZ
2023-02-16 20:14:39

Thanks  @David-TP 

The price of the TL-WPA8631P kit is quite a bit higher in NZ. PB Tech, which usually has competitive prices, has the kit at the equivalent of 145GBP and with the WiFi on the nodes seemingly not very powerful I likely need at least two more.

Perhaps a better option for me would be to buy a cheaper TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT AV1300 Kit (which is Ethernet only, no WiFi), use the node from that with my existing 'master' from the TL-WPA8631P kit and connect that to a good WiFi access point via ethernet.

Can you recommend a good option of the WiFi access point if I go down this route? I want to keep the roaming ability so there is no needed to keep connecting to different SSIDs as we move around the house - do I need to look for the OneMesh branding?

It seems you are leaving 'money on the table' by not making additional nodes available individually at sensible prices.

Thanks

Paul

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 2

Related Articles