Both HomeShield and HomeCare don't work on my X60 V3 and V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 13:18:10
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20220805 Rel. 71570

I have totally 4 Deco X60 ( bought 2 of HW V1 first and 2 of HW V3). No matter whether I take HW V3 machine as the main Deco to use HomeShield or take HW V1 machine as the main deco to use HomeCare, the Parent Control features block nothing. Both V3 and V1 machines have upgraded to latest firmware. I tried to choose all the categories on the "Filter Content" page but no websites will be blocked. I've also tried to add the websites, manually to "Blocked Websites" page but it still didn't work at all. For example, www.youtube.com, m.youtube.com, youtubei.googleapis.com, and youtube-ui.google.com. I've reached out all the settings to try but haven't got it work. May I know what the next step I can do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Both HomeShield and HomeCare don't work on my X60 V3 and V1
2023-02-15 10:54:00

@powermos Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Since it has been reported before, the engineer had helped me run the same test the confirmed Youtube could be blocked.

Could you please test on other devices under parental control and check whether they had the same issue?

Please also change different web browsers and clear the DNS caches before running the test.

And have you tried to block the websites under the insight/history, like:

Options
2023-03-14 03:07:59

@powermos 

The content filtering on these Decos doesn't work

I recommend using OpenDNS instead

Setup a free OpenDNS Home account (google it as I cannot put the link into this)
Setup your network (this should autofill) select dynamic (assuming you dont have a static IP)
define the level of filtering you want from the OpenDNS dashboard, you can also block specific URLs

Point your Deco to the OpenDNS servers (to do the content filtering)

opening the deco app on your phone
go to "More" (at the bottom of the app)
select "Advanced"
select "DHCP Server"
enter the OpenDNS Primary and Secondary DNS server (they provide these on your OpenDNS dashboard)
save

then try accessing adult websites or blocked URLs from a browser on a device connected to your deco. It should block the website

Options
2023-05-01 00:26:04

@powermos 

Same issue, I have the X55 mesh system - enabled Homeshield Pro and found it is very unreliable.

Enabled all blocking features

It did filter Youtube and Discord

However also allowed Facebook and adult content

At one stage the filtering stopped working, then came back after a few minutes.

Specifically filtered for facebook.com and still allowed the site.

Turned on BLOCK and it still allowed some sites for about 3-4 minutes then seemed to be blocked

All up, an unreliable and patchy result and definitely not suitable as a content filter.

Can I get a refund on the system given this was a buying decision?  Lets see...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 3