Combination of daisy chain and star setup (x20 deco in AP mode with ethernet backhaul)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Combination of daisy chain and star setup (x20 deco in AP mode with ethernet backhaul)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-14 20:01:09
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi, I have 3 deco X20 units and am reaching out for some advice on the possible setup.

I am would like to use them in Access Point mode with ethernet backhaul for all units. My main deco is connected to my ISP modem/router. My question is: can I connect one satellite deco to to the main deco AND the 2nd satellite deco to a free port on the ISP modem/router? Ie. Use both daisy chain and star setup simultaneously? Would this cause any issues?

This question arises due to my current availability of ethernet ports and thus determine if I need a switch to support the setup.

Thanks in advance for any guidance and apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere!! 

Con

Options
2 Reply
Re:Combination of daisy chain and star setup (x20 deco in AP mode with ethernet backhaul)
2023-02-14 21:24:18

@Con2121 

With Deco mesh in Access Point mode you can do that and there should not be any issues. The only exception is if your ISP modem/router is not compatible with Deco Ethernet backhaul, but that is extremely rate occurence.

For more info on the topic of wiring Deco units see General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
Re:Combination of daisy chain and star setup (x20 deco in AP mode with ethernet backhaul)
2023-02-15 09:37:43

@Alexandre. Thank you! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles