Deco E4 activation email not received - solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 17:09:20 - last edited 2023-02-17 03:18:01
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought Deco E4 for my old home in the middle of nowhere. I've installed app, created account, sent activation request from app... And nothing. Tried two times, didn't work. I asked via chat what's going on. I was told that happens, because some emails are being filtered. But i sent it from your own app, what the hell? And so on...

I've solved it by registering on TP Link website. Deco app has no captcha code, so email was filtered on their side. Perhaps they could add Captcha to Deco app, to avoid further customers complains about activation smiley

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco E4 activation email not received - solution
2023-02-17 08:55:32

@Yamibito 

Hi, Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Actually, it is the first time I have received this feedback. I tested it with my own Gmail account and the activation email was received within 1min.

Did you get any error messages after adding your email account to the Deco APP?

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-17 09:17:15 - last edited 2023-02-17 09:22:25

Hi No, i didn't. I was told by TP representative on live chat that some emails may be filtered, so i registered myself here. After that email came within few seconds smiley

Options
2023-02-17 09:45:28 - last edited 2023-02-17 09:46:07

@Yamibito 

Thanks for the update.

Since you could get the activation email via community registration, I think it is not related to the Gmail server settings.

I tend to think the access settings for Deco APP on the smartphone might fail to trigger sending the activation request.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-17 11:45:58

@David-TP 

Exactly that is what i had on mind smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 323

Replies: 4

Related Articles