Deco XE75 Jitter and Packet Loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 19:53:10
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel. 36280

I have been experiencing the following with my Deco XE75 mesh network:
-when freshly rebooted, it works quite well

-within a day, it's experiencing large amounts of jitter (regular spikes of 100ms-800ms) and small amounts of packet loss
-within a couple of days, the jitter is more frequent and larger, and the packet loss becomes quite high such that the network needs to be rebooted

-rebooting fixes things temporarily, but the above recurs

My previous Google Wifi system worked fine, it was just older technology and wasn't as fast. This was supposed to be an upgrade ;)

This has been like this since I added the system new in December.

I have tried quite a lot of things:
-swapping in a 4th new Deco unit for each of the other 3; no change

-changing which unit is the "main Deco"

-turning off beamforming and fast roaming

I have verified that my ISP connection is not jittery or losing packets, and I do not need to restart my main ISP equipment to reset things, just the Deco system.

Any hints on what I should try next?

Thanks!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Jitter and Packet Loss
2023-02-16 20:37:55

^^ this is the kind of thing that is happening after 2 days. Pretty much needs a reboot at this point.

Options
2023-02-16 20:40:30

^^ and it's the same kind of thing if I ping my Deco gateway, so I know it's an issue with wifi and not my ISP.

Options
2023-02-17 09:09:10

@jdyck 

Hi, is your computer connected to Deco XE75 via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

• If it is connected via WiFi, please also turn off "Mesh Technology" to see whether it helped or not.
  • At the same time, could you please refer to this link to help me get the device info of the PC:

And except for this PC, were you having the same issue on other devices?

Can I have a picture of your network topology/layout about how the Decos are connected to each, WiFi or Ethernet Backhaul?

And I also like to follow up on your case via email. Please check later whether you could get an email from me.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-17 13:09:27

@David-TP thanks for the reply.

The problem is across all devices in my house - multiple laptops and phones all see the same jitter and packet loss.

I have 4 Deco units:

-1 in the basement connected to my ISP's equipment

-1 on the main floor, about 15' linearly away from the one in the basement

-2 on the 2nd floor, both about 15' linearly away from the one on the main floor

They are using 6 GHz backhaul.

I have tried multiple placements and the symptoms are the same - works great when first rebooted, and degrades badly over the next day or two to the point where it needs rebooting.

Options
2023-03-09 02:24:31

@David-TP - I'm having the same issues. Since i switched to the XE75, everything seems slower and my internet service seems to simply be "slower".

Options
2023-03-09 03:53:33

@ssingam Heh - well, my solution after getting no help and trying everything I could think of was to swap out my 4 XE75s for 2 Asus XT8s. They're not perfect, but much better.

Options
2023-03-13 17:17:51

@jdyck I have the same issue with my XE75 I could never figure it out facing issue on my MacBook Pro 2019 and a Lenovo windows model as well. No idea how to solve this.

Internet connectivity would randomly go and after some fiddling it would again conne

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 864

Replies: 7

Related Articles