Archer T6E in specific PCIe slot causes slow boot time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-23 16:57:24 - last edited 2023-02-24 05:24:52
Tags: #Windows 11 #Archer T6E
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello. I have an Asus Z590P motherboard and Windows 11 x64. When I connect Archer T6E adapter to slot PCIEX1_1, my boot time becomes 10 seconds slower than when the card is not inserted or connected to other PCIe slots. For example if I insert the card either in PCIEX1_2 or even in a PCIEX16, Windows Last BIOS time in Task Manager does not change and is the same as when the card is not present which is around 11 seconds. My motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS version and Windows is also up-to-date. I've tried disabling/enabling Fast Boot, Secure Boot, CSM, Firmware/Discrete TPM, and changing PCIE generation settings (1, 2, 3, and auto) in BIOS, loaded optimized BIOS settings, and more but none of them solved the problem. I also installed the latest driver version (200508), uninstalled the driver and in both situations the boot time is significantly higher. I tested a PCIe sound card that I had to see if the slot is not broken and it works perfectly fine without increasing the boot time when the sound card was inserted. Since I have other PCIe cards installed I cannot leave T6E in any of those problem-free slots. Even because of pretty large heat sink, I barely could fit the card into PCIEX1_2 slot. So I have to solve the problem with my PCIEX1_1. Any help would be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T6E in specific PCIe slot causes slow boot time
2023-02-24 03:07:00

@Ehsan.S.E. 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how long have you had the Archer T6E?

Currently, as long as Archer T6E is inserted into PCIEX1_1 with or without the wireless router, the computer boot time will be significantly higher, right?

Could you please also test the following driver to see whether it made any difference:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/Archer T6E T9E_ASUS driver_7.35.351.0.zip

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-24 08:27:13

@David-TP 

Hello, and thanks for your reply.

Referring to your first question, the card is brand new, I just installed it in my desktop which is pretty new as well (1.5 years old.)

And to answer your second question, yes, when the card is inserted into first numerical PCI express port (PCIEX1_1) the boot time or to be more specific, the post screen (the duration between the time when I press power button on my PC until I hear that POST beep) is 7-9 seconds longer. But if I remove the card or replace one of my other PCIe cards with T6E adapter, the boot time is normal and POST screen delay is like 5 seconds maximum. I even tried removing all my SATA drives, and any extra PCIe cards, and tested the card on all three available PCIe slots and only PCIEX1_1 has that problem (higher boot time.) I also checked my motherboard manual to see if that PCIe slot has any shared bandwidth with other ports/slots but that was not the case (only my M.2_2 had a shared bandwidth with SATA6G_2, and to make sure I have tried everything, I even removed my HDD on the SATA port to see if it could help. because I have an NVMe SSD  in my M.2_2)

And finally, I couldn't download from that link, seems like the website has blocked direct links, I get an error with the following content, and clicking on the link takes me to "https://www.tp-link.com/uk/"

Error message: 

"Please go to TP-Link Offical Website to get products, software and services for your region."

Thanks again.

Options
2023-02-24 08:54:58

@David-TP 

- Update -

Hello David, I guess the driver you posted is a Broadcom driver from Asus, so I found another link from Microsoft Update Catalog (https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=7.35.351.0) and installed the driver, but the problem didn't resolve. Please, let me know if I've taken than wrong.

I don't know if it's helpful, but I also noticed than when I want to install the official driver from TP-Link (Archer T6E_V2_200508_Win10), Windows User Account Control cannot verify its publisher, is that normal? Windows UAC prompt window says "Publisher: Unknown" and asks me to allow the installation if I trust it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 371

Replies: 3

Tags

Windows 11
Archer T6E