No internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet connection
No internet connection
2023-02-24 05:08:02 - last edited 2023-03-03 02:40:36
Tags: #Highlighted Thread #CenturyLink DSL
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For the last 3 years I've been with CenturyLink DSL, and had a deco m5 mesh connected to a C1100Z modem. Setup was quick and automatic. I have had almost no issues with it. 

Recently CL became Brightspeed. I was sent a newer modem. It's a C4000LZ. I had no problem getting the new modem set up and working, but I am unable to get my Deco m5 to connect and work with it.

I have tried deleting my old deco network, resetting the deco pucks, and have tried using each of the 3 pucks as the primary connection to the C4000LZ. Every time I try setting up a new network, I am unable to establish an internet connection. The primary deco goes from blue blinking light to solid red. I did sign in directly to my modem on my most recent attempt, and under device table, I am seeing nothing except for my laptop and phone. There seems to be no recognition of the Deco system by the C4000LZ wan/lan. My modem is setup as Dynamic IP, using IPv4. 

I am able to revert back to the old C1100 modem and get the deco m5's setup very quickly, so they still work just fine. The issue is in connection/communication with the new C4000LZ.

Please advise on next steps. TP-link support? Brightspeed support? What do I ask for? Other?

Thanks,

T

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No internet connection-Solution
2023-02-28 15:11:52 - last edited 2023-03-02 08:37:21

@David-TP I was able to do chat support with Brightspeed, and they directed me to connect the Deco M5 via one of the 4 ethernet ports, instead of the WAN/LAN port. I did question this and they told me this newer modem's WAN/LAN is for fiber connection. 

I followed their instructions, and connected to the first ethernet port, and very quickly after the Deco M5 light turned green, and had internet connection to my main Deco hub. I was able to set up the additional pucks to complete my mesh. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet connection
2023-02-28 11:45:59

@asmosis 

Hi, I see 

Zyxel C4000LZ is an xDSL WiFi 6 modem router so I wonder whether you also set up Deco as a wireless router with Dynamic IP as the connection type?

Could you please help me save a picture of the IPV4 settings on the Deco M5 on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection?

If possible, please try to switch the operation mode on Deco to Access Point mode under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode to see whether it made any difference.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:No internet connection-Solution
2023-02-28 15:11:52 - last edited 2023-03-02 08:37:21

@David-TP I was able to do chat support with Brightspeed, and they directed me to connect the Deco M5 via one of the 4 ethernet ports, instead of the WAN/LAN port. I did question this and they told me this newer modem's WAN/LAN is for fiber connection. 

I followed their instructions, and connected to the first ethernet port, and very quickly after the Deco M5 light turned green, and had internet connection to my main Deco hub. I was able to set up the additional pucks to complete my mesh. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 2

Tags

Highlighted Thread
CenturyLink DSL
Related Articles