Deco X50-PoE not showing they are connect with cable

2023-02-25 15:25:01 - last edited 2023-02-25 15:26:09
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220902 Rel.58645

Hi,

I connect my three Deco X50-POE to single switch and that switch connected to my Internet Modem.

the issue i am observing the Main access point connected to Internet Modem and second Access point showing in the app its connected to the main through WIFI and third one connected to second through the cable.

how can i make them all communicate only through Network switch port for fast data transmission.

thanks you

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco X50-PoE not showing they are connect with cable
2023-02-26 12:55:18

@devilson911 

Start with the following TP-Link document: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
2023-02-28 03:09:26

@devilson911 Welcome to the community.

The Ethernet Backhaul of Deco X50-POE/Outdoor is one key feature that the senior engineers have paid high attention to.

Please feel free to update here if the above FAQ could not fix the current issue.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-09 14:27:24

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I am having the same problem. Modem->main->switch (TL-SG1210MPE)-> 3 satellite x50-PoEs. One of them appears to be connected through ethernet, the others seem to be connected through wifi although they are powered through PoE. So the ethernet cable actually carries the power but somehow the decos are not connected through the ethernet. I have the loop detection disabled on the switch as well. I have tried both ports on the decos, and also other ports on the switch. So I have pretty much tried anything that is on the web but still not getting the full ethernet backhaul. I know that the cables are fine because they work with my former routers. The deco thay is connected throug the ethernet gets connected through ethernet with every port on the switch, but the others doesnt work with any of the ports on the switch. I start to think this may be a software issue. I see some other people are having similar problems and could not find a solution on the web that works. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Options
2023-07-10 02:02:49

@Tuksale 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Does your Deco X50-POE work in Access Point mode or Wireless router mode?

Based on your network topology, you are supposed to set Deco in Access Point mode.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-13 07:46:43

@David-TP Thanks for the response. They are in router mode but I think my topology is correct for the router mode as it is correct according the this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1794/

The marked one is my topology, it appears that is correct for router mode.

Best regards,

Emin

Options
2023-07-13 09:45:35

@Tuksale Hi, sorry, I must mistake the main here as your ISP modem and thought there were only 3 Deco X50-POE.

Could you please send me some pictures of the network map and Backhaul type on the Deco APP, such as:

Later I would like to follow up on your case via email and ask for the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-13 09:59:24

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks for the prompt response. Here are some screenshots:

Best regards

Options
2023-10-14 16:32:02
Hi, I have the same topology as David and have the same issue.
Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I have the same issues with x50 Outdoor ethernet connection not showing up in the topology, but PoE works ok. It worked as intended until at least until August 2023, hence likely due to a recent firmware upgrade or faulty hardware. It is possible to link the x50 wireless if I physically move it to a high position, but then it is out of reach for my clients, so not an option for me.

The 30 meter ethernet cable is Luxorparts outdoor rated and in addition is protected also by cable tubing from the environment, I would say unlikely to be the failing part.

Network topology: internet--M5--M5--SG105PE--X50. Router mode.

Current versions

M5, 1.7.3 Release 59213

X50 outdoor, 1.2.5 Release 68541

I have tried multiple resets/add/remove/restart but nothing has helped so far.

Am I missing something obvious?

/Ola

Options
3 weeks ago

@Ola123 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I don't think you have missed anything. Everything seems expected.

Is there any satellite Deco M5 units also connected behind TL-SG105PE? Are they still using Ethernet Backhaul on the Deco APP?

If we temporarily unplug/plug the cable back, will Deco X50-outdoor could temporarily restore the Ethernet Backhaul?

By the way, I noticed your Deco M5 is on 1.7.3 and currently, the latest firmware is 1.7.6 now and maybe you could manually update the Deco M5 to the latest 1.7.6 version:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m5/#Firmware

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1283

Replies: 11

Related Articles