HELP! Need to downgrade firmware on Deco X50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 22:20:15
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

I've recently upgraded my Deco X50 to the latest 1.1.0 firmware, this has taken my deco speed down by around 80% as well as destroyed the stability and the connection between my main and extension deco

Download speed prior to firmware upgrade was 145mbps now it's 15 mbps !!

Please help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:HELP! Need to downgrade firmware on Deco X50
2023-03-01 10:02:42

@jackjoe1997A Hi, welcome to the community.

Will rebooting the main Deco temporarily restore the network speed?

Did you test the current speed via Ethernet connection from the main Deco? or connecting to 5ghz of Deco X50?

May I know who is your internet service provider and how about the internet connection type on Deco, Dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

In the meantime, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you have received an email from us.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-01 19:42:08

@David-TP Hi,

If I'm stood next to the deco the speed is around 120mbos if I go to the room the otherwise Of the wall it's 12mbps. This used to be around 100 mbps and is the same room I have a second deco with ethernet attached to a PlayStation and computer. 

The main Deco is connected to my Sky router via an ethernet cable and I have a second in my games room/office, this used to have super stable connection and a high download speed when trying it on PS5 over ethernet or the computer now this is much much lower and the connection isn't stable at all.

it's as if the firmware update has stopped the deco from being able to go through a single skin wall when previously it worked fantastically. 

Options
2023-03-02 01:38:02

hi, 

I get about 120 mbps if I'm standing next to the décor, but just 12 mbps if I move into the room away from the wall. My second deco, which has an ethernet connection and is set up in the same room as my PS4 and PC, used to provide speeds of around 100 mbps.

My primary Deco is hardwired to my Sky router, and I have a second one in my gaming room/office; previously, the connection was very reliable and the download speed was great whether testing it on PS5 through ethernet or on the computer; however, as of late, neither of these things have been true.

The deco used to operate wonderfully through even thick skin walls, but after the latest software update, it seems to have lost that ability.

[[https://basketball-stars.co/ basketball stars]] [L=basketball stars]https://basketball-stars.co/[/L] "basketball stars":https://basketball-stars.co/
Options
2023-03-02 08:19:01

@paytonkutch 

Thanks for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers. Please check the email for further suggestions.

Best regards.

Options