Need to Windows RDP to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-01 01:23:16
Tags: #File Sharing
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel 63997

I have 4 Deco X20's in a mesh, with the main node running in Wi-Fi Router mode (default).  The Deco app says I'm up-to-date on firmware.

The X20's have a pair of gig Ethernet ports out of them for local hardwire access, which is working well for the most part.

However, I am trying to RDP from a desktop computer wired into the main node to another desktop computer that is wired into a remote node.

Everything is enabled, RDP is allowed, I even have shares sharing from the remote computer, but nothing is getting through, not even ICMP.  It's like the nodes are only allowing traffic FROM clients, and now allowing traffic TO clients.

Basic network diagram:

[PC A]===Ethernet===[X20 Main] ))) Mesh Wi-Fi ((( [X20 Remote]===Ethernet===[PC B]

||

\===[DSL Router]==={Internet}

The two PC's cannot see each other at all, but both can go out to the Internet fine.

What do I need to do in order for clients to connect to each other over the mesh?

Thanks,

Otto

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to Windows RDP to work
2023-03-01 03:32:33 - last edited 2023-03-01 03:34:53

@Ottonym 

Hi, are you able to ping PC A from PC B?

And could you please help me run a simple test:

If both PCs are on remote satellite Deco X20, are you able to use RDP?

By the way, would there be any error message when PC A could not RDP PC 8?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Tags

File Sharing
Related Articles