Votes

Ability to change password for range extenders

Votes

2023-03-01 06:37:13 - last edited 2023-10-24 11:27:54

I came here looking for answers on how to change the password on my range extender and was disappointed.

I understand that the range extender needs the password of the original router to function but I had hoped that by having a range extender's own password (that shows as info, so you would think it should be an option to change,) I might be able to get past the security issue that I have no control over.

While it's just a range extender, I had hoped that putting in one would slow down someone who had hacked into the main router, which I have use of, that has a password that I am not happy about, but was unable to convince it's changing.

I am begging you that you think about adding this on a future update, because I don't know what if any protection it might achieve, but having a second time we were password has to be cracked must help some!?!

If I am wrong, and the previous responses that I've read regarding range extender password changes, we're not applicable to my situation, please tell me how to change the password!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ability to change password for range extenders-Solution
2023-10-24 11:27:49 - last edited 2023-10-24 11:27:54

@Sprica 

Update:

Hi, it is planned to add this feature on the range extenders and some models have supported it already.

Support Customizing Password and Encryption Type on Range Extenders

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ability to change password for range extenders-Solution
2023-10-24 11:27:49 - last edited 2023-10-24 11:27:54

@Sprica 

Update:

Hi, it is planned to add this feature on the range extenders and some models have supported it already.

Support Customizing Password and Encryption Type on Range Extenders

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 296

Replies: 1

Voters 2