Unable to access router web interface after changing router IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-24 19:36:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.17

ISP : TIME

hello

i want to set up my TL-WDR4300 as a wireless access point, with internet connection from my main Linksys E1000 router. both are connected via an Aztech Homeplug AV500.

i have read many guides on how to set up the secondary router (ie. the access point) and very clear about it.

my primary router Linksys E1000 has a DHCP range from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.250, and has an IP address of 192.168.1.1.

i know i have to change my 4300 access point IP address to that, outside that DHCP range. so i decided to opt for 192.168.1.2.

however, once i changed the LAN IP address, i am unable to access the router web interface any more, ie. neither the old 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.2 doesn't work. i keep getting is host unable to resolve webpage error on my computer.

please help. many thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to access router web interface after changing router IP address
2013-05-31 00:05:38
I setup my brother with a similar setup the TP-Link 3600 as an access point connected to the main Actiontec router via Zyxel powerline network. The TP-link is assigned an address outside the DHCP range of the main router.

Can you connect via wireless to the TP-Link and access the internet?
Can you disable wireless on computer and direct connect it to TP-link router with ethernet cable; can you access the internet?

If you do not have internet access in both cases, then the TP-Link can not connect to your main router. This means either:

1. TP-link setting is in the IP range of main router, but your homeplugs are not communicating with each other. Make sure ethernet cable from homeplug is connected to one of the LAN ports of the TP-link rather than in the WAN/Internet port.
2. Homeplugs are communicating with each other, but TP-Link setting is not the in IP range of your main router.
Options
2013-06-03 14:51:20
If you configure the router as access point (turn off DHCP and connect it wired to the LAN) you should always be able to connect to the internet wired and wireless (unless the wireless network is isolated from the wired network). Setting the IP address is necessary for configuration purposes...and that's it.

The fact that you are not able to connect (wired/wireless) could be caused by the fact that the client is in a different network segment. Manually setting the client to the 192.168.1.0 network (temporally) could solve this...have you tried that?

Okay...shortlist:

- turn off DHCP (on the access point)
- have the access point connected through a LAN port
- make sure that wireless security is copied from the main router
- chose fixed (different) channels

In this way it should work perfectly ;)
Options
2022-01-02 03:03:22

@pr0metheu5  i am having similar issues.   with TP-Link VR1600v

I connected the router to pc via LAN cable and  logged in  to change the IP to match my main router (and turn off DHCP) 

Once saved i get disconnected and when i try to reconnect via and new IP gateway address i can no longer access the admin login.

i get an error saying unable to connect 

Options
2022-05-07 04:44:02

@pr0metheu5  having the same issue with an AC1750.  changed LAN IP but left DHCP on for now... once router reboots, can't login.  how do we fix this madness!?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11126

Replies: 4