Cant change from wifi-router to AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-07 11:53:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 Build 20230110 Rel. 41561
Having problems with my mesh, even though I have a network cable, from the fiber converter to my router. Then a cable runs from the router to the first mesh, which is also the primary one. Under settings I have WiFi router. If I change to AP, the whole network dies. in my world it should be AP who is there right? I just want to improve the wifi in the house, so it doesn't lose speed and gets coverage in the whole house?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cant change from wifi-router to AP
2023-03-08 02:47:16

@berne 

Hi, May I know the model number of your main router?

Have you tried to reboot Deco once after switching to AP mode?

By the way, do you have any devices that are connected directly to the fiber main router? If yes, are they still woking well after Deco switched to AP mode?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-08 08:12:49

@David-TP 

My main router is Asus RT-AC87U

Ye after i change to AP i take some time and it restat. 

Strange now.. it sems to work... i how have it on AP.. 

Options
2023-03-08 08:19:34

Alos wonder this, källare  (basment) is my main its have cat 5E cabel form the router in and the Hall is like strate up to first floor, ther i have a good coonection, 

BUT why is not altan connecting to hall insted of källare? fells like it sholde get al better singnal if taking wifi from that isedd. 

Options
2023-03-08 12:17:56

@berne 

With Deco mesh consisting of M5, you should be able to configure altan Satellite Deco to connect to hall Satellite Deco. See How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 504

Replies: 4

Related Articles