XE75 Parental control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 23:04:13
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel 36280

Hi, 

I have recently change my entire M4 mesh to a 3pcs XE75. Getting very good speeds and most things are good. 

I decided to try the parental control as I have many kids in the house. I use Google Family Link to control their mobile phones but I can't control their chromebooks they have from school as they use a different account. 

So I created a profile for each of the 4 kids. I added their devices, chose age and all that. As soon as I save it their device will connect to the wifi but internet access is blocked. 

Even if I remove bedtime, time limits, off time, filtered content it won't connect. If I then forget the network on their device and reconnect it works. But as soon as I limit the use the way I want it will block internet again. On their devices it says authentication required. 

When I then try to remove their device from their profile there is no issue. All kids complained about not having internet access so I had to stop using the parental control. 

Something is not right. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 Parental control not working
2023-03-10 03:41:52

@Ridell74 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

And I see you mentioned that"On their devices it says authentication required ", can I have a screenshot of this authentication required error?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:XE75 Parental control not working
2023-03-10 08:31:44

@David-TP 

HI David, 

I have submitted my APP logs as requested. 

I can't provide a screenshot right now as the kids are in school. But it just simply say Authentication required on the actual network you chose to connect to. 

It is just a very strange behavior that it connects to the wifi but just blocks access to the internet completely. 

As soon as I remove the device from the profile it works fine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 447

Replies: 2

Related Articles