OpenVPN certificate errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 13:40:52 - last edited 2023-03-13 06:38:17
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211118

I am trying to set up the OpenVPN server on my router, and can enable the feature and export the certificate.

Unfortunately when I load the certificate in to OpenVPN (Android app) I get an error about missing <//ca>

I edited the file and modified </ca> to <//ca> and </cert> to <//cert> in the hope that it would work, but now I get an x509 certificate routines:key values mismatch error instead!

I've run out of ideas ... anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Adge

Options
2 Reply
Re:OpenVPN certificate errors
2023-03-13 08:24:23

Hello @adge 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When uploading the OpenVPN certificates into the VPN client, there is no need to modify any parameters or settings. You may refer to the configuration steps in the following FAQ:

How to use OpenVPN to access your home network through the Wi-Fi Routers

If that still fails, please show us the error messages on the VPN client software, then we can suggest further.

Options
Re:OpenVPN certificate errors
2023-03-13 08:30:17

I have managed to resolve this particular issue (unfortunately VPN access still isn't working as I can't connect externally to the server, but that seems to be because my ISP is using CGNAT - I can find my external IP address ok etc).

The problem seems to be down to how Samsung/Android saves the ovpn file when downloading it from an email. If I download and then select in OpenVPN I get a parse error, but if I load the ovpn file in to the OpenVPN app directly from the email app then it works!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles