Votes

AP mode : multi SSID AP mode as on TL-WA801ND really needed for home network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-10 13:56:00 - last edited 2023-03-10 14:05:59
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello,

As my ISP provides  a modem-router that cannot be circumvented easily, and as i use a really armored home router  : I've got to use the X50 AP mode on both IPv6 and IPv4. IPv6 being the basic flux.

My problem is first to use the current Guest-network feature... outside the main X50, guest flow is not segrated from the main data flow. I was not able to find any way to work-around this.

On my current home setup through wire, and on Wifi before upgrade to X50, i was using several segregated networks pointing to the associated vlans :

- one guest network. (IPv6/IPv4).

- one IoT network (IPv6/IPv4) with network isolation (IoT devices can communicate between themselves without the need of a cloud connection and can be compromised as often they want to be).

- one corporate network (IPv6/IPv4). It is like the IoT network with much more constraints for corporate devices.

- one home network for my own stuff.

I was using an old, stained in yellow by the time, TL-WA801ND in multi-SSID AP mode... which dies immediately when it sees IPv6 flowing through it.

Replacement by a X50 system is wonderful but i cannot at least get a guest-network and a home-network living their life side-by-side.

How am i supposed to use the guest network with the current firmware ? i suppose i can't with this very current firmware.

So, do you expect to implement something like the 802.1Q multi-SSID AP mode with VLANs association any time soon ?

it will fulfill most of the basic home security requirements, if not all of it.

Regards,

Eric.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 255

Replies: 0

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters