Adding Powerlines for Sky Q and Mini Box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-11 11:28:47
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am new to the forum so please be gentle :-)

I got the TL-PA7017P kit containing 2 AV1000 Powerline devices when a BT engineer was trying a BT TV box to work. I am now with Sky Supafast Broadband, their SR203 Router, a Booster and a Sky Q and Mini box. I currently use the Powerlines for my works laptop whose network performance is great.

I am having frequent connectivity issues with the Sky Q and Mini box using WiFi, even with the Booster. I have had 4 Sky engineer visits to no avail.

Having seen something on the Sky Community forum I am considering trying the Powerlines as it seems to work well for me.

Do I just buy another TL-PA7017P starter kit and then use the 2 AV1000s to connect my Sky Q and Mini box or should I use a different model type of tp-link Powerline? I am pretty confident they are on the same electric circuit so new ones should see the one connected to my router.

Also if I add new ones will it worsen te network perfomance of my existing one connected to my laptop or wont I notice?

Thanks, Keith  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Powerlines for Sky Q and Mini Box
2023-03-16 10:04:45

@KR1962 

Hi, since there is already a  TL-PA7017P kit, have you tried it with the Sky Q box to make sure it will work properly?

If you have done that before, it is ok to add another 7017P kit.  It will not worsen the network performance and the same model is also the best.

How many Powerline adapters can be added to the same network?

How to add an extra powerline adapter to the existing powerline network with pair button

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 524

Replies: 1

Related Articles