X60 - FW 1.0.15 - lots of “new device detected”

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 15:18:08
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi

Not sure if this is related to the latest firmware but after the last update 1.0.15 build 20221111 I have received a lot of messages from Deco via app.

New device detected

All of those have been registered before but seems like the Deco have lost what it had connected in the past.

All of the devices have been online and active each day.

Also some reports of lost Wi-Fi coverage on some units, maybe not related (or device issue), but X60 have been very stable since purchase.

Anyone else have got those newly discovered message lately?

Cheers

// Michael

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 - FW 1.0.15 - lots of “new device detected”
2023-03-13 11:18:20

@MichaelHusbyn 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you ever checked what these "new devices" actually are on the Deco APP? like Apple devices?

"Also some reports of lost Wi-Fi coverage in some units ", May I know where you have seen these error reports? on which device?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X60 - FW 1.0.15 - lots of “new device detected”
2023-03-14 07:18:50

@MichaelHusbyn 

It seems that the app is notifying me about new device but the "New device detected" log in the Deco app does not contain the device.

So looks like the latest update of the app sends a flash message but it is not the same that is really happening.

Regarding the other issue is that the one ipad simply disconnects from Wireless (no wireless symbol).

Not seen it in any other devices yet so hopefully just this one. I have disabled mesh for this device to see if that improves anything.

Have not checked the logs when it happened, but will try to do that next time.

Troubleshooting system logs is always hard and needle in the haystack kind of problem.

My network setup is not advanced but a bit bigger than normal. Right now 46 online devices and 95(!) offline clients in the list. Suspect the offline client list is not reliable since devices (apple) tend to change MAC addresses if you turn wireless off/on. But yeah, guess 90-100 devices more or less active during a day 

So nothing more to do, in case there are more reports of any similar issues

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles