Mesh Wifi Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh Wifi Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mesh Wifi Deco X90
Mesh Wifi Deco X90
2023-03-12 23:48:18
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I recently bought a 2 units Deco X90 system to replace my old Tenda MW3. 

All the setup went well, but I'm having some issues when moving from the point where the Deco who is connected to the main router is and the second unit, causing network drops. The only way I found, until now, was restarting the wifi on my smartphone each time I move between this points which is not much of a solution for me. 

I also had to activate the Guest Network and set it to 5ghz only, because with the Network created with 2.4 and 5, I barely have wifi because of the constant switching of frequencies on the smartphone. 

Already reset the 2 Deco units and connect them and change the ethernet cable from the main unit to the router...

Anyone faced the same issue and solve it? How do you do it? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Mesh Wifi Deco X90
2023-03-13 01:53:58

@afbc welcome to the community.

Can I have the model number of your mobile phones that dropped the connection when roaming between the main and satellite Deco X90?

Options
2023-03-13 05:47:19

Try disabling Fast Roaming (Advanced settings) and make your phone a 'high priority' device (under QOS). It worked for me.

Options
2023-03-13 16:32:24

@David-TP Hi, Appreciate for your answer. At the moment I'm using an Oneplus 6, but with my old system I don't have those issues with it. I'm using a custom ROM also and thought that maybe was because of it, not sure.

Options
2023-03-13 16:33:51

@Buff-man will try to disable Fast Roaming, I'm using the high priority already. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 4

Related Articles