How to connect Deco X95 with VR2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 09:05:09
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am using VR2800 in a wireless router mode. I want to expand my WIFI network with mesh models.

I was thinking of getting two X95 as I live in a two-storey house. Can someone please let me know if that is possible and how to connect

those two devices? My NBN internet is HFC and connected from the NBN box to VR2800. 

I also understand that 6E model (XE200) is around the corner. Should I wait for that one?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to connect Deco X95 with VR2800
2023-03-15 22:28:41

@Bobibo 

Hey

The Deco X96 can indeed work with the VR2800, but if you have an NBN box it may be more beneficial to bypass the VR2800 and go straight to the Deco.

Reason i say that is the VR2800 doesnt support mesh, therefore you would have to disable its WiFi and use the Deco for all Wifi (Mesh).   This kinda negates the reason for the VR so just go straight to deco

Plug the first one into the NBN and use the deco app to setup username / password, should be online in a few mins.  Then just position the other node where you feel necessary.

In answer to your 6E question..   Depends on your budget and internet speeds really, if you can afford the cost of the 6E model then crack on.. however it will only make a difference on internet speeds if your ISP is giving you greater than 1gbps (1000mbps), below that its really not going to be any benefit.  

Also bear in mind that 6E requires a 6E device to be able to operate, the 6ghz wont be available to all devices

Options
2023-03-16 02:47:12

@Philbert Thank you for your response.

Is it still possible to use VR2800 together with DECOs as I am using a USB port on it.

I was told that the NBN box couldn't be connected directly into the mesh system, requiring a modem/router. That's why I got VR2800.

Thank you for your help.

Options
2023-03-16 07:16:58

@Bobibo 

Hey

It is indeed possible to use the VR2800 with the Deco, you will just need to have it between the NBN and the Deco.   As mentioned earlier however it wont 'mesh' with the Deco so best practice would be to disable the WiFi on the VR and use only the Deco.

In terms of needing a router/modem, this depends on the NBN model you have..  however the majority can be connected to the Deco as the Deco is indeed a router in itself.    The Deco would connect to the NBN via LAN Cable (cat5/6) and 'dial' the internet for you, usually it just requires a username/password from your ISP and PPPoE enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 3

Related Articles