OneMesh keeps dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 09:30:13
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.1 Build 20220330 Rel.52768

I have an Archer MR200 router with 2 x TL-WPA7617 powerline and 3 x RE300 wifi extenders covering our property.  All of which work as expected and remain connected to the OneMesh network without fail.

However, my office TL-WPA8631P V3 powerline adapter drops out of the OneMesh network on a regular (two or three times a week) basis.  I am using the latest firmware and would love this adapter to not be such a headache.  I need the 3 ethernet ports but am frustrated by the unreliability of this device.

Advice, beta firmware or word that this is a known issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:OneMesh keeps dropping out
2023-03-21 10:11:18

@gasinclair 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Did TL-WPA8631P only drop out of OneMesh extenders( the internet service from 8631P still works fine, and it is just no longer in the OneMesh network)?

If restarting WPA8631P once, will it join in OneMesh automatically later? Or do you have to manually add it as a OneMesh extender again?

Options
2023-03-21 13:02:58
when it drops out of the onemesh network I lose internet access to connected devices, and can only resolve the problem by rebooting the extender via web interface - when it reconnects to onemesh. No other powerline or WiFi extenders experience these drop outs. Feels like firmware needs a fix.
Options
2023-03-27 20:02:25
hello? are you still there? it's now a week since your single reply and i have had to reboot the TL-WPA8631P four times in the last seven days. I like TP products but this one issue of reliability will have me looking elsewhere. I urge you to either share a known fix or at least assure WPA8613P owners that it is being looked at. It was promoted as a OneMesh device and that isn't strictly true with such repetitive dropouts. Frankly, it's not as described and barely fit for purpose. A firmware patch is needed - yesterday!
Options
2023-03-29 11:06:44

@gasinclair 

Hi, since internet stops working as well, it seems that it is not just OneMesh network drops, when it happens again, please help to confirm the following details for troubleshooting:

1. LED status on the TL-WPA8631P extender, especially the powerline LED which looks like a little house

2. If the powerline LED is still green which means it is still paired with the powerline adapter, please connect a client device to the extender and check IP address&default gateway:

How to find IP address on your devices

3. Please try to disable power saving mode on the TL-WPA8631P extender to see if it helps:

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters

4. Since you have multiple powerline units, is it possible for you to swap the location of this TL-WPA8631P extender with other working powerline extender to see if the issue still happens with the same location or same extender?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 596

Replies: 4