Deco network - xbox series s double nat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 08:38:49
Tags: #Xbox Double Nat
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have problem with xbox series s. My network:

- 3x Tp-link deco m4

- 1x switch Tp-link LS105G

- 1x modem Halny HL-1GE GPON

Two deco is connected by rj-45 cable with switch, other one works by wifi.

If I connect XSX by wifi or rj-45 cable with switch, there is problem with double nat.

When Xbox is connected directly by rj-45 with main deco there is no problem with double nat.

How can i fix that? I prefer connect xbox by wifi

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco network - xbox series s double nat
2023-03-21 14:40:46

@Dinreko 

If you configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode, it'll remove "double NAT" issue no matter how xbox is connected. See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options
2023-03-21 16:14:24

@Dinreko 

You're using your GPON as a router (HGU). you need to switch it to bridge (SFU) and let deco control the connection if you want to keep DECO in router mode.

Please check with your ISP to get access to the proper documentation to do this and to get the data needed to configure your master DECO.

Options
2023-03-21 17:15:20 - last edited 2023-03-21 17:16:32

@Eric_Le_Grompf 

I found bridge mode in iptv settings. Is that correct?

Options
2023-03-22 02:49:50

@Dinreko 

Hi, I think Eric meant the SFU configuration needs to be done on the Halny HL-1GE GPON. So it is not the IPTV bridge settings on the Deco.

But I think it might be easier if you just set Deco into Access Point mode so the Halny HL-1GE GPON would be the only NAT.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-22 10:22:02

@Dinreko 

This is not in the DECO but in your ISP modem/router that you'll find this setting (ISP documentation or data is required). If you don't know how to do the job safely : please stick to the "AP mode". Anyway as it has been said : AP mode is the most simple way to get things done.

But a lot of people likes to keep "routing" on their DECO network because it is often "fancier" or for any other good reason i don't know.

Options
2023-03-22 10:57:53

@Eric_Le_Grompf 

My network distributor said that deco can only work in router mode. So when I change in AP mode, nothing works

Options
2023-03-22 11:38:52 - last edited 2023-03-22 11:45:31

@Dinreko 

Did you restart or renew all the IPs on all your devices ?

Switching to AP mode will remove the deco's private address range (and the DECO's router too). You'll be on your modem/router address range (as it features NAT there should also be a local DHCP server to provide you with the proper IP address. On the opposite if the DECO were needed to be routers there should have been no NAT in the GPON).

I had the IP renew issue on my network when i switched my X50 network to AP mode (it even went all red at one moment). You'll need to check status of all units with the DECO APP all along the process to get it right.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4625

Replies: 7

Tags

Xbox Double Nat
Related Articles