Network drop-outs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network drop-outs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network drop-outs
Network drop-outs
2023-03-22 15:33:50
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220830 Rel. 71303

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from the Deco M5 system to the PX50 system, with the hope that my connection will be faultless.

Ever since the change, I've experienced continuous drop-outs, multiple times a day. 

From a quick internet search, I can see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. 

Can we expect a firmware update to fix this issue soon?

thanks,

James

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network drop-outs
2023-03-23 07:24:04

@Gudge11 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would it be a specific reason that you choose to update to Deco PX50 like thick concrete walls to block the wireless signal?

Have you noticed any Deco went red during the disconnection?

• If yes, would it be on the main PX50 or satellite PX50s only?

It is also suggested to check the Mesh Backhaul on the Deco APP to see whether PX50 units are on the powerline backhaul.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-23 07:39:33

@David-TP 

Yes, you are correct in thinking the reason for upgrading is a think wall. I live in an old stone house with an extension wrapped around it. The result is having one thick stone wall separating the rear of the house from the front.

I've not noticed any red light show on the px50 when they drop out occur, however next time it happens, I'll make sure to check all of the satellites.

The app shows all connected PX50 units are on the powerline backhaul.

I've also swapped the main unit with a different one, thinking I maybe had a faulty satellite. This didn't help in rectifying the issue. 

I can't confirm this yet but it seems to be effecting IOS devices. I'll do some more investigating and get back with confirmation on that though. 

James

Options
2023-03-27 12:38:33

Just an update,

My android tv, which has a wired connection to one of the satellites also suffers from the drop outs, so not necessarily just an IOS problem. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 3

Related Articles