Votes

allow device to connect to wireless backhaul when ethernet backhaul in use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 19:21:57 - last edited 2023-03-24 02:45:45

Hi,

Is it possible to allow a device to connect to the wireless backhaul 5GHz band when an ethernet backhaul is in use between Deco nodes? The wireless backhaul has a faster speed so it would also give the wireless device a wifi speed as well I would think.

It seems like a waste to have the devices use the slower 5GHz wifi band if an ethernet backhaul is in place.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:allow device to connect to wireless backhaul when ethernet backhaul in use
2023-03-24 02:51:46

@chrislot 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I haven't got any news saying there is a plan to allow devices to connect to wireless Backhaul when Ethernet Backhaul is in use.

And I am a little curious why you think the wireless backhaul signal is faster than the regular wireless signal. They have the same wireless specifications

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:allow device to connect to wireless backhaul when ethernet backhaul in use
2023-03-24 03:11:48

@David-TP 

Oh really? From what I saw online, it makes it seem that the 5ghz band used by client devices has a speed of 1201mbps whereas the 5 GHz band used by the wireless backhaul between Deco nodes is 4804mbps

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 383

Replies: 2

Voters 1