Add capability so that ALL triggers are required to activate the automation

2023-03-25 21:51:41 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:35:38
Tags: # Smart Actions #Automation
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

When creating a new Automation, in the WHEN section, please can you add an option so that "All triggers are required to activate the automation".

Currently the app only shows the grey text "Any trigger will activate the automation" but what I'd like is the THEN action to happen WHEN condition 1 AND condition 2 are met. Currently the THEN action happens when 1 OR 2 are met.

For example, when I push a button AND a window is open, then play a sound on the smart hub.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Add capability so that ALL triggers are required to activate the automation-Solution
2024-01-15 02:35:19 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:35:23

@麦克福 

This usage can be achieved by a Condition (If), which will be supported in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0. You can either choose to trigger the action when any of the conditions are met, or you can choose to trigger the action when all the conditions are met.

Stay tuned to the official release!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
RE:Add capability so that ALL triggers are required to activate the automation
2023-04-04 17:58:48
logical and selection in trigger function
Options
Re:Add capability so that ALL triggers are required to activate the automation
2023-06-23 07:43:35

Hi Tapo, any update on this feature request? I have 2 x T110 smart sensors sat in their boxes unused as without a logical AND in the Automation WHEN, they are useless.

Thanks!

Options
2023-07-22 12:06:57
Agree
Options
2023-08-18 19:10:41

@MackFu 

Hello,

this function is crucial. Without it, smart features are useless. I tested the Tuya platform where this option works without any problems. 

Not even the beta version of Tapo has this fixed.

Pavel

Options
2023-10-02 01:35:48

@MackFu 

I would also like to have this, the whole system is limited without this basic logic option

Options
2023-11-07 15:42:46

@MackFu it would be nice to have a radio button that change the condition from any to all that would be great !

Options
2023-11-17 13:11:24
I have multiple temp sensors which are used to control main house heater by turning it ON below 21*C and turn off at 22*C. Now with „OR” logic if any of the sensor reach 22*C my heater will go off. So now all the time my heater is turning on and off because there is no option to set that if all temp sensors are above 22*C then turn off heater. Same situation will be if I want to set condition to turn On heater only when windows are closed. It is not possible. Tapo automation is most limited comparing to any other systems. Best hardware worst automation.
Options
2024-01-10 18:42:19
AND / OR operations are MUST in conditional programming
Options
2024-01-10 18:44:49

+1 from me, basic automation functionalities are missing from the Tapo app.
I just entered the TP-link IoT ecosystem and I'm stumped as to why most of the things like basic condition checking or multiple simultaneous triggers are missing.

Options
2024-01-11 00:27:23
+1 Would be nice to include this basic functionality in the Smart Actions 2.0 beta. This would be a significant improvement.
Options

Information

Helpful: 17

Views: 1039

Replies: 14

Voters 17

+ 13 Voters

Tags

Smart Actions
Automation