Oppo A57s constant error about being offline [Deco P9 mesh wifi]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 09:24:00
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hello - hope you can help?

My wife changed her phone to an Oppo A57s in late Jan.

Since then she keeps getting alerts appearing on the phone saying the Wifi or Internet is disconnected or restored, in quite quick succession. This interrupts what else is being displayed until you wait for the message to go. But it comes back!

The mesh we have is 3 x Deco P9. We have had them for 2 years plus, and no other device, mine included behaves like this. Computers stay connected, other phones likewise. We only use one Wifi network (router wifi is disabled - Smart Hub 2). Router sync is solid at 80/20.

Why this one phone? It's got latest Android 12 too. We would be grateful to know what might be happening, or at the very least disable the Android messages! It always gets onto the Wifi quite quickly but I don't see why it should need to.

We are using 'Fast Roaming' and always have done.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

Chris

Options
2 Reply
Re:Oppo A57s constant error about being offline [Deco P9 mesh wifi]
2023-04-04 11:42:29

@crispyweet 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

there are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Oppo A57s.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552 (case 3)

2. temporarily disable "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

If neither helps, please enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only and check whether Oppo A57s works better on the guest network.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Oppo A57s constant error about being offline [Deco P9 mesh wifi]
2023-04-21 09:42:25

@David-TP 

Hi. I should have replied sooner? But many thanks for the suggestions. 

So far all I have done is switch off fast roaming. Although that affects all the wireless machines it seems to work OK. The situation seems settled. 

I have not tried taking off using the mesh for this one device as I guess this would mean manually connecting to each deco as the phone moves around the house? 

Any advice about leaving fast roaming off? 

Chris 

Options