Omada Hardware Controller showing WIFI clients on LAN Wired Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Hardware Controller showing WIFI clients on LAN Wired Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Omada Hardware Controller showing WIFI clients on LAN Wired Network
2023-07-13 13:30:17

@AnnusKhan 

Hello again!

I just re-read the thread, and realized I'd made a typo where I'd suggested splitting the networks.  What I'd meant was the following:

Devices:  134.1.1.0/24

Clients:    134.1.4.0/18 (not 16) and I would suggest even making it 134.1.4.0/22 which still gives you a thousand IP's to hand out to your 750 users.

Next up, I have been working with support for months on what I perceive to be a memory leak issue in the software architecture used by the ER routers.  It is worst on the ER605v1 as it has by far the least amount of memory and so things tend to happen fastest and first on that model.  Essentially I have been seeing a linear increaes in real memory consumption over time, which eventually gets to the point where memory starvation occurs...when this happens, process crash...typically it's the Omada application which causes disconnects, but I believe I have seen DHCP die first as well.  So I"m recommending you reduce the pool of IP's for clients to reduce the amount of resources required on the router and controller to track them all.  I'm also going to suggest you perform a weekly reboot (the controller has the ability to configure the Reboot Schedule for devices, and reset just the ER7206 at 4am Saturday or whatever).  This and updating to the latest firmware should help eliminate the spinning 'Waiting for IP' stuff on clients.

Now to your new question, you wanted two policies...did you just mean you want to the two subnets to behave as expected, or do you have different gateways?  I need a little more clarity around exactly what you are asking for.  Also, a screen grab of your topology with Labels on would help me understand the hardware architecture, and a screen grab of all subnet definitions in the Wired Networks->LAN would be good too.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-05 19:48:07

Hello @d0ugmac1 

I hope you are fine,
our team facing some problems with the Omada OC300 Hardware controller, when we unauthorize any client from the captive portal the error occurs Unauth failed, try again when the network recovers what does it mean? the internet is already connected from the VPN Router.

OC300 Hardware Controller

Firmware Version: 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429
Controller Version: 5.12.9
Model: OC300 1.0

Options
2023-10-05 20:56:50

@AnnusKhan Hi, we might need @Clive_A  or @Hank21 to wade in here, but the error sounds like somebody isn't connected to somebody else, whether that is your device is on a VLAN that doesn't have access to some component of the captive portal, or the portal itself is not getting a response from say a device gateway.  I don't use CP's so I"m a bit in the dark here.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-07 01:19:23

Hi @AnnusKhan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is your original issue resolved or not? If no, I'll continue the original issue with you.

The new issue you said "unauth", is a controller issue which I don't know a lot about. I suggest you start a new thread in the Controller section.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-14 08:36:01

@Clive_A 

Thank you Clive for your reply 

the problem we are facing has been fixed by my team, after changing of VPN router and we do not get any "unauth" error in Captive Portal right now

but after this, we just getting another problem which I highlighted before to @d0ugmac1 that some wireless Client is showing on the wired Network 

this is happening after we just replaced the VPN router, we don't have any problem like this before , so look into this matter and let us know about 

the solution because due to this situation we have getting internet problems to clients.

VPN_R: ER8411 v1.0

Firmware Version:1.1.0 Build 20230705 Rel.64091

Omada_CN:OC300 1.0

Firmware Version:1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

we have a total 8 sites, and only in 2 sites we are getting this problem even though the configurations of all site is the same

All sites we are having the same VPN_Routes and Omada_Controllers

Options
Re:Omada Hardware Controller showing WIFI clients on LAN Wired Network -Solution
2023-10-16 01:31:25 - last edited 2023-10-17 02:49:30

Hi @AnnusKhan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

AnnusKhan wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you Clive for your reply 

the problem we are facing has been fixed by my team, after changing of VPN router and we do not get any "unauth" error in Captive Portal right now

but after this, we just getting another problem which I highlighted before to @d0ugmac1 that some wireless Client is showing on the wired Network 

this is happening after we just replaced the VPN router, we don't have any problem like this before , so look into this matter and let us know about 

the solution because due to this situation we have getting internet problems to clients.

VPN_R: ER8411 v1.0

Firmware Version:1.1.0 Build 20230705 Rel.64091

Omada_CN:OC300 1.0

Firmware Version:1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

we have a total 8 sites, and only in 2 sites we are getting this problem even though the configurations of all site is the same

All sites we are having the same VPN_Routes and Omada_Controllers

Do you apply the Omada switches and EAP in your setup? I mean all of the devices are Omada?

Picture shows that they are wired to the port, and do you have another switch or AP cascade on the Omada switch? If yes, that might display incorrect devices due to other brands' networking devices.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Hardware Controller showing WIFI clients on LAN Wired Network -Solution
2023-10-16 09:01:03 - last edited 2023-10-17 02:49:24

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the solution, the problem has been fixed by the team

Yes @Clive_A there is some unknown access point connected throught the Omada swtich 

so when the client is connected through Unknown AP the omada_CN showing clients on the wired network 

now the problem is fixed

Thank you so much for your support.

Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

Related Articles