Archer C5400 keeps restarting when my desktop PC is not online!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-05 17:50:29
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20210308 rel.64655(4555)

Firstly, as I mentioned on this topic (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/583774?replyId=1195010) in the community, version 1.2.6 brings back the speed drop issue that was fixed in 1.2.5. When I get a speed of 500 Mbps and update to 1.2.6, after a while, my speed drops directly to 200 Mbps. However, in both 1.2.5 and 1.2.6, there is a chronic issue in TP-Link devices where the modem keeps restarting itself, making it impossible to use. This is especially problematic when I am away from home, and the modem enters this restart loop, causing security concerns for me. The modem enters this loop at random times, and it stops restarting itself only when I connect my desktop computer to the internet via ethernet. I reset the modem and tried different versions, but none solved the problem. To contribute to the solution, I assigned a fixed IP to my computer via DHCP, but the problem is solved when my computer is on, not when it is off. The computer's IP address is constant with ARP and DHCP, please resolve this issue, as I cannot use my modem which costs thousands of liras, and my view of TP-Link is changing since this software issue arose later, and my warranty has expired.

Options