PX50 Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PX50 Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PX50 Powerline
PX50 Powerline
2023-04-12 14:55:27
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220830 Rel. 71303

I'm running 3 x PX50 Deco units. The main purpose was for the PLC feature to allow me to provide WiFi to a summerhouse at the top of the garden. It works (even across different circuits which seems to be impossible or possible depending on the internet thread you find!) however, Using the PLC backhaul, I get a better connection when it's connected to my office Deco rather than the one if the living room. I suspect this is probably due to the way the circuits are running.

By some sequence of rebooting, I can get the summerhouse Deco to connect to the office Deco via PLC backhaul and everything improves. If anything ever reboots it then reconnects to the living room Deco and I get a drop in performance. The living room Deco is the 'main' unit due to vicinity to the incoming internet feed.

So, my question is, can you force the DECO to 'pair' with a specific Deco unit for PLC? Or am I heading towards a feature request?

Options
14 Reply
Re:PX50 Powerline
2023-04-12 16:43:12

@nse2001uk 

I cant say specifically for the PX50, but I do know that TP Link are starting to add the ability to force connection to a specific node.  My older M5s have got this, so this may be on the way for you..

Hopefully someone from TP Link can advise better

Options
2023-04-12 17:11:14

@Philbert thanks for the response. Hopefully will be available for the PX50s soon then.

Options
2023-05-12 11:46:02 - last edited 2023-05-12 12:01:57

@nse2001uk  Exactly the same PLC not working the same firmware as your .When i disconnect one of the  deco units  than sometime there is  PLC comunication but 50% of time is not working than again start works ... but with 3 units no chance even enable it even fot while.

Could someone help with solve that ? I try already all wall plugs /combinations ...  nothing helps and there is no newer firmware ... .

Thanks

Options
2023-05-16 01:50:22

@Palo0406 

Hi, can I have a picture of the network map and the signal source on the Deco APP when all three PX50s are connected?

Before using Deco PX50, Do you use any powerline products before?

And could you please help me run a simple test:

1. try to plug the 3 PX50 in the same room or the adjacent rooms to see whether they are able to maintain a stable powerline backhaul.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-05-16 05:18:15

@David-TP 

I tried it already in one room but (no PLC icon in network map) powerline not not working . I tried to use decos within the plugs from the same phase  ... but  not help .When i disconnect one unit than is possible  from time to time see PLC in network map between units (Not stable) but not not in the same room  due to that I use wired connection  where this was possible. For third  deco you can see it from the picture  I have no possibilty to use wired connection. I can retest today in other all three units - maybe there is something specific in livingroom room.

I have never use powerline product in my house before but house is after reconstruction there is completly new electric instalation according new norms.

Options
2023-05-16 18:38:19

@Palo0406

so confirmed not working even within the same double wall plug :(  so what now return it?

Options
2023-07-21 15:29:06

@nse2001uk 

Did you manage to solve the problem?

I have the same problem with the latest version of the software 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020.

When I was installing it and had only two Deco units configured, the PLC symbol appeared in the connection between the two Deco units. As soon as I added the third one, the PLC stopped working. I thought it might have been due to the update to the latest version of the software.

I opened a support case with TP-Link, but the first and only response I received was that it could be an issue with the electrical installation. After explaining the entire process and mentioning that even when configured in the same room, it still didn't work, they stopped responding.

Since I just bought the kit with 3 deco PX50, I think I'm going to return it because I really need the PLC functionality.

Thanks,

João

Options
2023-07-21 16:22:55

@JoaoRodrigo 

Hi there, Unfortunately I never resolved. In fairness to TpLink my call was escalated but due to various reasons on my side I wasn't able to continue troubleshooting.

In the end I got rid of the PX50's and purchased the X50-PoE which suited my design better. As I only required the PLC for an external building I just used the exisiting powerline adapters I had which seem to work seamlessly.

Also, side issue was that I had terrible problems using wifi calling with my mobile, since swapping to the X50s this issue has also disappeared.

I think a major feature requirment for the PX50 needs to be the ability to disable PLC as I still belive the self configuration of this element is a major contributor to the issues. You need to be able to choose the device they connect to. 

Options
2023-07-21 17:22:53

@nse2001uk 

Thank you for the response.

Out of curiosity, this way, did it end up with two separate networks, right? Or does the powerline extend the network of those X50?

Options
2023-07-26 16:24:18

@JoaoRodrigo 

Power line just extends the existing deco network at least from a LAN perspective. Obviously if you use one of the ones that also supports WiFi it would create its own network separate to that of the deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1894

Replies: 14

Related Articles