Deco S7 not so smart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S7 not so smart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco S7 not so smart
Deco S7 not so smart
2023-04-16 11:58:20

Bought the S7, the furthest deco constantly connects to the main deck without using the in between one for bridging. Spoke to tech support, was told I have to return it and buy the better M series, despite this being advertised as exactly what these units do and are good at.

tech support said in a firmware update due to come this year you can pick the order. 
Is there any fix for this or do I need to get rid of deco all together???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S7 not so smart
2023-04-16 13:09:17

@Dan1987 

In Deco world, manual configuration of how Deco units should connect to each other is called signal source selection. That feature is described here: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

It is only available for small subset of all Deco models, and S7 is not on that list. See full list of Deco models with that feature available:  https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/597476

The only other options for S7 I can think of:

1. Move furthest Deco even further away from Main Deco and see if that forces it to connect to in between Satellite Deco;

2. Connect you two Satellite Deco with Ethernet cable;

3. Connect you two Satellite Deco through powerline adapters.

Options