Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-30 21:32:10 - last edited 2023-07-26 16:17:25
Model: Deco XE200   Deco M5   Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!

A New Batch of the Latest Firmware for Deco has been released! This update brings many of the features most requested by the community to reality. Firmware Updates are rolled out gradually to devices and accounts, so if your deco does not detect the most recent firmware, you may update using the download links below.

Applies to:

• Deco M4 v4 [Officially Released]
  • Deco M5 V1/2/3/3.2 [Officially Released]
  • M9 Plus V1/2
  • Deco X50 V1 [Officially Released]
  • Deco X55 V1 [Officially Released]
  • Deco XE200 V1 [Officially Released]
  • Deco X50 - PoE V1 [Officially Released]

Please See the July Update Post for More Models and Updates

Features Added

Please Be Aware that Some Features Are Model Dependent, or Unavailable in Specific Network Configurations.

• Added Reboot Schedule Each Day/Week Under
    • Deco App > More > Reboot Schedule

• Added Support for Customizing Satellite Deco Signal Source Under
    • Deco App > Internet > Select the Satellite Deco > Signal Source
    • Note: This feature is ONLY supported on Deco with firmware 1.6.0 installed.

• Added support for customizing Client’s Connection Preferences under
    • Deco App > CLIENTS > Select the client > Click the gear icon on the right-up corner > Connection Preference.
    • Note: This feature is ONLY supported in Mesh networks consisting of ALL Deco's with firmware 1.6.0 installed.
    • Connection Preferences can only be configured while a client is connected to the host network.

• Added No-IP and DynDNS to the DDNS settings under
    • Deco App > More > Advanced > DDNS.
    • Note: This feature is ONLY supported when the Deco with 1.6.0 installed is set as the Main Deco.
    • No-IP and DynDNS are the two commonly used dynamic DNS providers and after installing firmware 1.6.0, you can choose to set up a No-IP or DynDNS domain name for your Deco in addition to TP-Link DDNS.

• Added Smart DHCP on/off switch under Access Point mode.
    • Note: This feature is ONLY supported when the Deco with firmware 1.6.0 installed is set as the Main Deco.
    • Smart DHCP is enabled by default. When the Smart DHCP function is enabled, Deco will periodically check whether the DHCP Server in the LAN is working properly, and when it stops working, Deco will take the initiative to assign IP addresses to the devices in the LAN.

• Added a prompt when the Ethernet link rate goes down to 100Mbps.
    • Note: Deco M5 supports a maximum link speed of 1000Mbps, but due to the quality of the Ethernet cable, the link speed of the connected device, the flow control, power-saving settings, etc., the link speed can sometimes drop to 100Mbps or even 10Mbps. This can affect your download and upload speed if your bandwidth is more than 100Mbps. After installing firmware 1.6.0, you will receive a prompt in Deco App when the Ethernet link speed is not 1000Mbps.

• Added schedule and bandwidth limit to guest network under Deco App > More > Wi-Fi > Guest Network.
    • Note: This feature is ONLY supported when the Deco with the firmware 1.6.0 installed is set as the Main Deco
    • When configuring Deco for the first time, you can choose to establish an IPv6 connection directly.

Please Note:

1. Some of the Listed Firmware has not been officially released and may not be detected as an available firmware update for your Deco.  If so, you may manually update the firmware through Deco’s WebUI.
  2. These features are not limited exclusively to the 1.6.0 Firmware. If your firmware does not show the firmware version as 1.6.0, do not worry, as the features added are the same.
  3. Firmware Downgrades from These Versions need to be done via the Firmware Recovery Process.
  4. The Current Network Configuration Will Not be Lost After Installing the Firmware
  5. Some Features May Not be Available When the Deco is Operating in Access Point Mode.

Manual Firmware Update Links

Please Check for Any Available Firmware Updates Through The Deco App Before Using the Links Below and

Ensure that you have the correct hardware version for your device before performing a manual upgrade.

Please Treat the Below Firmware Versions as Beta Firmware, as your experience may vary if changes are made before the official release.

Model

Firmware Version

Firmware Download Link

Deco M9 Plus V1

Deco_M9Plus_V1_1.6.0_220823.zip 

Deco M9 Plus V2

Deco_M9Plus_V2_1.6.0_220823.zip 

Deco M4 V4

[Officially Released]

Deco X55 V1

[Officially Released]

Deco X50 V1

[Officially Released]

Deco XE200 v1

[Officially Released]

For Users Experiencing Difficulties with their XE200 and Satellite Nodes, the Downgrade Process Can be Done Via the Firmware Recovery Process:

1. This firmware downgrade could be done via firmware recovery (follow the http uboot method and use the 1Gpbs ports in step 2.b) - Firmware Recovery Process

The Current Official Firmware Release for the XE200 is: Deco XE200 V1  v1.0.1_220810  Deco XE200(US)_V1_1.0.2 Build 20220906

Link: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202303/20230324/Deco_XE200_V1_1.0.2_20220906.zip

Options
53 Reply
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
2023-02-01 09:15:29

@Riley_S  not seeing it for my M9+ in the app yet, but my M5 saw the 1.6.5 version in the app. That upgrade appears to have worked fine.

Options
2023-02-01 17:39:21 - last edited 2023-02-01 17:52:06

@SwingBoy,

The updates are still being rolled out gradually to models and accounts, it can take time for your deco to see the available update. This is why we provided firmware files for the manual update process. Please ensure that you have the correct hardware version for your M9+, if you do, you can use one of the above files to upgrade

Let us know what you think of the new features if you have a chance to check them out!

Options
2023-02-02 02:06:25

@Riley_S that's ok. I can wait for it to be made available the normal way. How long does such a rollout take? A week? A month? A quarter?

Options
2023-02-02 15:29:56

@Riley_S Amazing! why is there no download link for M5?

Options
2023-02-02 17:07:25

@edumorlom,

I believe that the firmware for the M5 and the X55 have already been pushed to the official branch and we were not give firmware to give out

If you go to the product support page for the Deco M5, you can find the updated firmware versions listed there

Options
2023-02-02 18:00:43

@Riley_S 

This update has made my slave Deco devices stop working! They show up offline everywhere but they have a green light. This is not production-ready!

Options
2023-02-02 20:44:43

@edumorlom,

Can you provide more information about your network and setup so that our engineering team can have a look?

Are the Satellite Nodes Still Providing a Wireless Connection to Connected Devices?

Have you tried restarting the nodes after all the nodes have been updated to the newest firmware?

What Hardware Version of M5 Are You Using/ Is experiencing this?

How are the Satellite Nodes connected to the main node, wired, via a switch, or wireless? If you change the backhaul method, do the nodes reconnect to the network?

The M5 Does have a tool available to update all of the deco nodes on your network: Upgrading the Firmware for Deco

You may try to reset and reconnect the Deco to your network if absolutely nothing works, the settings are stored on the main unit, so these will be saved.

Options
2023-02-02 20:49:41

@Riley_S 

I have XE200 V1.

1. They appear to have a green light but appear as offline.

2. The main deco is providing internet without an issue.

3. I've reset the network and recreated it many times.

4. I have deleted all nodes and switched them around, the main never has an issue it's the satelites ones, regardless of which one it is. 

5. They are connected wirelessly to the main deco.

6. I have tried wired backhaul and the green light appears but still appears offline on the deco app.

7. It appears offline on web UI also so it's not an app issue.

8. I have turned it off and on multiple times.

No luck. This is an update issue, i was not having issues after updating.

Options
2023-02-02 21:15:16

@edumorlom,

I would recommend taking a look at the global thread on the EN community where a user has reported the same behavior for their device (XE200) with the new firmware; I would recommend looking at this thread and following the instructions to both send a deco app log directly to our development team, and how to downgrade your firmware if you need.

I would double-check that your Deco app is up to date, as some of the added features rely on the updated interface. 

To verify, are you able to tell if the nodes are working and simply not being detected/read by the Deco Application and WebUI? 

If you connect a wired client to the satellite nodes, does it receive a connection to the internet? If so, you may try logging out of your Deco app and seeing if a cache of the data was causing the app to not show the clients.

Options
2023-02-03 04:37:59

@Riley_S Added Support for Customizing Satellite Deco Signal Source

Will this be coming to the xe75 pro?

This not being available is the most frustrating thing ever.  I managed to trick my #3 satellite to daisy chain, rather than go 25 extra feet through 4 extra walls to the main for a fair connection, while daisy chained it was an excellent signal. Within 5 minutes it hopped back to the main with a fair signal.  It's the difference between just over 100mbs amd 380mbs wifi from #3 satellite.  It really sucks this wasent there from the start.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9112

Replies: 53

Related Articles