Votes

TLS/SSL Support for Emailing Logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-22 10:59:30 - last edited 2023-04-24 01:14:07
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230304 rel.60634(4555)

I am unable to email logs to my Gmail account. Many, many users use Gmail for email. The router apparently can not use TLS/SSL for authentication which Gmail requires. Tp-Link needs to add this feature, otherwise the option for emailing logs should be removed from the GUI.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TLS/SSL Support for Emailing Logs
2023-04-23 08:16:05

Hi @jra11500 

As far as I can confirm, AX55 has already supported mail logs via an encrypted email account.

Please check and ensure you've entered the correct SMTP server when configuring Mail Log as per the user manual (Page 95-96).

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-23 13:38:43

@Kevin_Z 

You are right, my mistake and I apologize. I had the SMTP server configured as smtp.google.com instead of smtp.gmail.com. Everything is working OK now.

Thanks Kevin... 

Options
2023-04-24 01:13:51

@jra11500 

Happy to hear that.laugh

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.