Performance issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Performance issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Performance issue
Performance issue
2023-04-23 11:17:46

I've suddenly started having performance issues and see the CPU is running at 100%.

I'm getting system log messages such as this:

user.warn IMPROXY: WARNING[imp_verify_multicast_addr@206]: Group address ff02::1:ff00:0 is link-local multicast address

Please can you advise

Options
7 Reply
Re:Performance issue
2023-04-24 02:53:16

@nickgreen678 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your Deco? and how many Deco units do you have?

Have you noticed any performance issues when the CPU usage has been up to 100%?

If you refresh the Web interface, will the CPU load drop down a lot?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-24 07:34:16
Options
2023-04-24 07:38:50 - last edited 2023-04-24 09:30:39

@nickgreen678 @David-TP 

Hi David - Thanks for your reply. The network is more stable today - don't know why. I've sent you a pic of the network map which shows a P9 as the main Deco. I've checked for firmware updates and all is well. I've also rebooted the network. I do notice that Kitchen 3 and Custom 1 are both running at 100% CPU loading. The main Deco has now stabilised at c.78%.

Checking the System Logs this morning I can see multiple logs of the following message:

Mon Apr 24 08:11:10 2023 user.warn IMPROXY: WARNING[imp_verify_multicast_addr@206]: Group address ff02::1:ff00:0 is link-local multicast address

Options
2023-04-24 08:18:26 - last edited 2023-04-24 09:30:17

@nickgreen678 @David-TP Let me know if you need me to send you the system logs. I don't seem to be able to attach the file to this message.

Options
2023-04-24 09:46:38

iOS app view of network  @nickgreen678 @David-TP ios view of the network

Options
2023-04-25 11:36:19

@nickgreen678 

Hello, I seemed to have had the same issue with a P9 Deco setup

Also seemed that the main Deco in router mode had no protection against a DDOS Synflood ARC.

That made the CPU from the deco go 100% Load most of the times.

I switched my main Deco into a XE75 (Deco) who can take up to 200 Devices at once. (As my P9 only took 100(with 52+ clients connected most of the time and growing)

Also subscribed for the home protection shield aswell. (for 1year see how that holds back the ddos mainly (fake echo req) who take up your cpu load..From that deco)

For some reason my isp switched my ip adress aswell. (so shame I couldn't check back if the attacks where still pointed towards my Main Deco on T-mobile 1Gbit)

The cpu loads are gone and the whole network connects more quick aswell more response times from the app as in updates.

It's easy task to switch out your main deco for a newer one (with protection if you chose to do so.)

Anyways, have a nice day.

Options
2023-04-26 01:33:08

Thank you very much for Avance2Iris advice and it is very helpful.yes 

Hi @nickgreen678, Thank you very much for the further details. And the system log is not needed now.

The CPU load of the main Deco is highly related to the number of satellite Mesh units and the connected clients. Especially, when you tried to log into the web interface and sync data from the hardware, you might see a high CPU load at the very beginning and a few seconds later, it will drop and maintain a proper level. The engineer has confirmed it would not cause any performance issues. 

@Seamer1977 Hi,

Thank you very much for your message. I see you mentioned the same issue about 100% CPU load on the Deco P9. As mentioned earlier, have you noticed any performance issue on the Deco P9? And how many Deco P9 units are in your mesh network? How about the number of connected clients?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 280

Replies: 7

Related Articles