AX6000 router - suggestions for 1 indoor mesh AP and 1 outdoor mesh AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-29 22:01:27 - last edited 2023-05-04 07:07:19

Would like some suggestions on a pair of mesh AP's from TP Link.

House is only 1450 square feet but my router is in my study in middle of the house.

Would put one (indoor) mesh unit in front of house for living room TV, etc. and 2 outdoor cams close to front of house.

Would put the outdoor mesh unit on back of house for 4 wireless cams and provide wifi to bedrooms in back of house.

Would like APs to be able to connect via ethernet, but not sure what to choose from.

Could use some help or suggestions.  Also, does setting up a TP link mesh network give me one interface to manage the router and the two mesh devices?

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX6000 router - suggestions for 1 indoor mesh AP and 1 outdoor mesh AP
2023-05-05 12:36:04

@marklyn 

Hi, what's the model of the router that is located in the study? Does it support EasyMesh or other mesh technology?

TP-Link has different mesh technologies for different usage scenarios. They have Deco mesh, Onemesh, EasyMesh, and Omada EAP Mesh. You can read this blog to understand how they differ from each other.

If your main router supports EasyMesh also, you may consider buying the EasyMesh compatible routers. The EasyMesh routers can work as the main router or as the satellite node, and some of them do support building up the mesh network via an Ethernet backhaul. Check this thread to get the models. Other models currently don't support Ethernet Backhaul.

All Deco mesh models support Ethernet backhaul and the main Deco can work at Access Point mode when building a mesh network. Deco X50-Outdoor can be used outdoors, which also meet your requirement. Deco mesh could be the best bet and meet all your requirements. However, Deco only allows to be configured and managed via the Deco App, it doesn't have a web interface as their wireless routers. Check this thread.

Let me know if I made myself clear.laughI have written down all I know about TP-Link devices.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-05 12:41:57

@Liverpool20 

I see under my settings it's a "OneMesh" system. So I'm guessing I have to find any "OneMesh" AP's, unless another type of mesh system (3rd party) is compatible.

Does that sound right?

Options
2023-05-06 02:31:25

@marklyn 

Some of the Onemesh routers and APs are upgraded to support EasyMesh. We can assume all EasyMesh devices support Onemesh technology. While some old models may not get the new firmware for EasyMesh.

If I were you, I will choose EasyMesh for future network solutions.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 3

Related Articles