UB500 Blyetooth adaptor not waking from sleep

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-01 11:02:44

I am using a UB500 with Windows 10 and a Logitech K380 keyboard. Everything works fine until the PC goes to sleep.

I can wake the PC from this sleep by moving the mouse or clicking one of its buttons (non bluetooth mouse), but the UB500/keyboard never wake up.

The only way to get the keyboard to work again is to remove the UB500 and reinsert it.

I recently upgraded to Win 10 22H2 in the hope it might fix this problem - it didn't. 

I think this must be an issue with the UB500 driver which is not waking the adaptor from sleep.

Options
6 Reply
Re:UB500 Blyetooth adaptor not waking from sleep
2023-05-05 06:59:07

@Gelf 

Hi, 

When UB500/keyboard does not wake up and if you check on the device manager of the computer, can you still see the UB500 is recognized and working well in the Device manager? I used to see on sometimes, the PC will stop providing power to the USB port when it is in sleep mode.

Did you have this issue ever since purchasing UB500?

And when I check the compatible list of UB500, I see only Logitech K480 Keyboard has been tested(https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2316/-Q7). Have you tested the UB500 with another Bluetooth device to see whether the same issue existed?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-15 12:48:08
Thanks and sorry for the late reply - I have been waiting for the glitch to re-appear so I can gather more info - but it is currently behaving itself! I will reply when the fault recurs. Certainly it's not power related, because my mouse dongle (not bluetooth) is connected to the same USB hub and is not affected by sleep.
Options
2023-05-16 10:26:38
Update: it happened this morning. I could still see the UB500 in device manager. It said it was working properly (but it wasn't!). When I looked at the power state in device manager, it said D2. I unplugged and replugged the UB500 and the keyboard starting working again. Power state went to D0. I have a pair of bluetooth phones already paired to the UB500 and these wouldn't work either when the PC woke from whichever sleep state it was in.
Options
2023-05-17 09:14:26

@Gelf 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Were you able to reproduce this issue most of the time when the PC is in sleep mode?

By the way, How long have you had the UB500?

Could you please refer to this link to help me get the computer system info(Or you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with a picture of the PC system info):

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2722/

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-19 05:24:45
If your UB500 Bluetooth adapter is not waking from sleep mode properly, you can try the following troubleshooting steps: Update drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for the UB500 Bluetooth adapter. Visit the manufacturer's website or use their software to download and install any available driver updates specifically for the UB500 model. Power management settings: Check the power management settings for the UB500 adapter in your operating system. Open the Device Manager, locate the UB500 Bluetooth adapter, right-click on it, and select "Properties." In the "Power Management" tab, make sure the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not enabled. Disabling this option ensures that the adapter remains active during sleep mode. USB power settings: Some computers have USB power settings that can affect the behavior of connected devices. Open the Power Options in your operating system and navigate to the advanced power settings. Look for USB power settings and ensure that the option to selectively suspend USB devices is disabled. This ensures that the USB port supplying power to the UB500 adapter remains active during sleep mode. Regards, Rachel Gomez
Options
2023-05-22 13:25:50
Thank you. There is no power management in the adaptor properties. I have turned off the option to selectively suspend USB devices and will see if this improves things.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 514

Replies: 6