Archer AX90 Constant Internet Interruptions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 03:10:00
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10 Build 20230315 rel.13967(5553)

I am getting frequent interruptions with internet. Typically every 10-15 minutes with lost connection for ~5 seconds (for the last 2 years!). ISP is ATT Fiber at 1Gbps. I have assumed the problem was with the ISP, but I may suspect AX90 itself.

When I do a constant ping test to several IP addresses, I am getting lost packets when I ping to the router itself.

Current set up is the TP Link Archer AX90 acting as the main router with ATT router disabled. The ATT Modem/Router is set to IP Passthrough which passes the IPv4 address directly to the AX90. The ATT Modem is only using the modem function and all router functions are on the AX90 (firewall, NAT, etc.)

Constant pings to 1) Router IPv4 address 2) ATT Modem, and 3) ISP Default Gateway will all time out at the same times. 

Is this an issue with the router itself?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer AX90 Constant Internet Interruptions
2023-05-04 06:09:44

Hello @Phelix102 

How about the LED status on the AX90 when the internet drops? Is it solid blue or red?

If the LED turns red when the internet drops, please go through the following thread to troubleshoot:

What can I do if the router disconnects from the Internet?

You could report back with the requested details for further follow-up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-05 02:53:19
The LED status still remains blue. There is no indication from the LED. The interruption is very brief...3-6 seconds. At worst 10 seconds. I strongly believe this is an issue with the TP-Link router itself. I am now using another router (not TP-Link) and the AX90 switched AP mode. No interruptions nor any lost packets on a constant ping test. I'll update after a day of use.
Options
2023-05-06 01:19:21
Using another router with Archer AX90 functioning only as an AP, I have no more interruptions. So far no problems for a day.
Options
2023-05-06 01:36:30

@Phelix102 

Can I have the model of the router in front of the AX90 now? Is it provided by ATT?

If this is stable, we assume the internet from ATT should be good. Please connect the AX90 back to the ATT modem/router again, and check if it will be stable also.

If not, please leave it running for one day or two, then save and send us the system log on the AX90 (email support.forum@tp-link.com), and we will investigate further.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-10 03:55:10
Thanks for the quick response Kevin. The current router is D-Link AX3200. I'll let you know when I set the TP-Link AX90 back as the main router and run it for a couple days. Thanks again!
Options
2023-07-15 21:23:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Sorry for the long wait on the update. I am now using the Archer AX90 as my primary router instead of an access point. 

The latest firmware update has been installed. Doing a constant ping test I have not yet encountered a "time out response" with a constant ping test I did previously (e.g. ping 192.168.1.254 -t). However, there still appears to be instability unlike the D-Link router I had been using. 

A constant ping test to the router and my modem will be <= 1ms. But every 5 minutes there will be a spike in delay at 50ms. How can I send in my diagnostics?

Options
2023-07-20 04:55:15
The D-Link router has been removed and I am again using the Archer AX90 as the main router. Same issues have been confirmed with zoom calls: interruptions that last for 5 seconds every 5-10 minutes.
Options
2023-07-21 09:23:05

@Phelix102 

Sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Can you please confirm one more detail? Will you lose the connection if connecting a computer to the AX90 via a LAN cable? Or this only happens when connecting to the wireless?

Please check and install the latest firmware on the AX90, and try resetting it to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch to check if it will be stable.

Options
2023-07-25 03:41:08

@Kevin_Z 

The connection is lost with both: via LAN Ethernet cable and wifi. 

It has the latest firmware and I had recently switched it from AP to Router mode. The dropped internet connection returned. I have yet to attempt a reset to default factory. I will try that and see what happens. I'll notify here once I do that.

Options
2023-07-25 11:44:04

@Phelix102 

Thank you very much for informing me with additional details. Please do let me know if the issue persists after a factory reset and reconfiguration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 12

Related Articles