Only LAN devices doesn't communicate between them

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 18:30:44
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230304 rel.60634(4555)

Hello all!

I have an issue which I have consulted with several colleagues, also with IT colleagues from my work and nobody knows how to solve.

I have th TP-Link Archer AX55 as router and devices which are connected by cable (LAN) are not able to communicate/ping between them. But wireless devices can communicate! This means:

- Ping from LAN computer to other LAN computer --> FAIL

- Ping from LAN computer to wireless computer/phone/device --> WORKS

- Ping from Wireless device to LAN computer/device/ --> WORKS

- Ping from Wireless device to wireless device --> WORK

Most interesting is that this behavior has started few months ago, I suppose after an automatic update of router firmware. Also, if it useful, there are internet connection to all devices, LAN and wireless.

I tried to disable windows firewall, SPI firewall from Archer, I tried changing network from private to public and then changing again, but nothing works.

Also I tried to ping from a LAN raspberry (with Raspbian OS) and it didn't work, so problem doesn't come from Windows, seems to be on router.

Has anybody found this problem? And knows how to be solved?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Only LAN devices doesn't communicate between them
2023-05-05 09:14:33

@SrMontiel 

Can I have the detailed network layout? How many wired devices are connected to the AX55, are they connected to the AX55 via a switch?

Please show me what are the IP settings and IP range on these devices. Thanks.

Options