Usage reports - user/device time, etc. - what data can or cant I get

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 12:30:21
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.11 Rel 51700

I am not 100% sure on the model as the box shows AXE5400 (yet there is none), the app under Update says Deco XE75, I do know it's the 6E mesh so we will leave it at that.

Basically I wanted to test this vs my current Unifi setup and the speed and mesh is excellent.  The only issue/question I have is the user reporting.  I don't have the HomeShield Pro (yet) but did put my son's computer and phone in a parental control group yesterday.  This morning I select Parental Control, it shows him and Online Time 3h 46m.  When you select that name, it shows the top visited websites (which is worthless as it's iCloud, life360, etc) where things get synced in the background.

What I am looking to see if I can get (from the free or paid) is;

1. A real online time for him per device (I can always make a second group), but want to see, oh he was on his phone till 2am.

2. App and/or service.   Would be great to see oh it was the desktop and fortnite for 3 hours today OR was on YouTube on his phone at 2am.

I don't want to block things, just looking for more status of where the time is spent (per device) and what apps/services are being used.  I know I can use screen time on iOS, etc. but I am simply asking in this forum so I can compare what this + homeshield can tell me vs my current setup.

It's a very simplistic system, great interface and speed so if I can get that information I think it will be a keeper.  On a side note, yes I know I can keep these and make them access points to my current UnifI, but that leaves me with an expensive AP solution I can do with a single WiFi 6e Access point for my current setup.

Thanks for all read and help on this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Usage reports - user/device time, etc. - what data can or cant I get
2023-05-05 04:03:33

@j0k3r 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Here are examples of real-time parental control insight and overall overview in the Monthly report under HomeShield Pro. I think the online status analysis you want to see is still not available on HomeShield.

Please feel free to let me know whether you have any further confusion.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Usage reports - user/device time, etc. - what data can or cant I get
2023-05-11 14:44:43
Thanks, I do want to get more detailed info as I said telling me the most used is icloud sync and such is really not helpful, however your comment of not yet is a good sign. Basically the deco router already knows the service(s) that are being used so knowing that is excellent as for a parent to know 10G of HTTP is one thing, but knowing the phone service / instagram, etc. is much more powerful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 2